Inquest Legends

D

Dune Echo

Can anyone help me with this:

I'm currently collecting my own list of various card ideas (i.e. things that tickle my fancy). Is there anyone that would be nice enough to look through their old Inquest magazines (and maybe Scrye?) and give me a list of all the cards that people have made up that are remotely interesting and not blatantly over-powered? Thanks.

I

Ihsans Shade

Here is one that I can remember I will give you more as I come across them.

I don't remember the name (T-1000 I think.)

4/4
Artifact Creature
First Strike
1:Regenerate
X:T-1000 gain all abilities of target creature where X= creatures converted mana cost.

I am...
Ihsan's Shade
I don't care what they call it, it is a CASTING cost!

I

Istanbul

That thing is MONSTROUSLY ovepowered. 4 for a 4/4 is undercosted. Add first strike, regeneration, and the ability to permanently gain extra abilities of other creatures (it doesn't say until end of turn), and it's a monster that rivals Masticore.

G

Griffith_se

I just happen to have somewere around a years worth of InQuest's. I'll get back to You soon.

BTW T-1000's CC is 6.

[Edited by Griffith_se on June 13th, 2000 at 06:02 PM]

G

Griffith_se

Just checking to see if notepad paste's in OK. I have plenty more.

Xaxor's Peculiar Golem, 5, Artifact Creature- 3/4
Sacrifice any number of creatures when Xaxor's Peculiar comes into play. Xaxor's Peculiar Golem gains up to three special abilities prossessed by the sacrificed creatures.
Whenever Xaxor's Peculiar Golem damages or is damaged by another creature, it permanently gains one of that creature's abilities after damage is resolved.

Cortexeic Jellyfish, 3UU, Summon Jellyfish- 4/4
Cortexeic Jellyfish does not untap after it Attacks.
U: Untap Cortexeic Jellyfish.
UU,R: Put a -0/-1 Poision counter on target creature without flying. Poisioned creature gains another counter during each of its controller's upkeeps.

Shiv thas, the Last Hunter, 5BG, Summon Legend- 5/5
First strike, haste.
Tap target creature and put a gaze token on it. Also tap a target land you control and put a gaze token on it. Prermanents with gaze tokens do not untap during their controller's untap phase.
"Broken bones or turned to stone, My kin will not be denied!"

Luxxor, RUW3, Summon Legend- 2/3
All combat damage dealt to Luxxor is reduced to 0.
RR,T: Luxxor deals 2 damage to target creature or player.
UU,T: Put a smoke token into play. Treat this token as a 1/1 flying Creature. If thi creature is the target of any spell or effect, destroy it.

[Edited by Griffith_se on June 13th, 2000 at 06:01 PM]

[Edited by Griffith_se on June 13th, 2000 at 07:17 PM]

D

Dune Echo

Hey, Ihsan's Shade: Don't you have a list of all the Legends Inquest made? You know, like Elric and Conan?

Basically, Griffith_se is doing exactly what I'm looking for. Thank you very much Griffith! I'm looking for anything someone has submitted to their "Make A Card" section (like Arctic Seal, Mana Crane, etc.) Also, so anyone doesn't have to type a lot more than I need, I have the following from my own magazines:

All the alternate reality cards: Juzam Efreet, Farmer Sengir, White Lotus, etc.

Fan-made cards: Arctic Seal, Mana Crane

The Greek Mythology suggestions

The AD&D suggestions

Of the Legends ideas, I have the following:
Josiah Tankard
Luxxor, Alien Wizard
Riven Blade
Xaxor's Peculiar Golem
Necropolis of Miir

If anyone could post any others I've missed, I'd appreciate it greatly. Thanks.

G

Griffith_se

Here some from InQuest's card creations contest. I like, "Flabbergasted".
Anyway's I have more of the legends, I'll add them here a few at a time.

Garden of Eden, WGUBR, Enchantment
Each player skips their attack phase.
All basic lands you control can produce any color mana.

Black Hole, BBBBB, Enchantment
All players skip thair main Phase. Instants and abilities that require an activation cost cannot be played while Black Hole is in play. Any player maychoose and dicard 3 cards and pay 5 life to bury Black Hole.
"Nothing Escapes the Black Hole..."

Flabbergasted, 2RR, Sorcery
Destroy target permanent with four or more lines of ruling text.
"HUH....!!!???"
-Famous exclamation of deeper understanding of Magic.

I

Ihsans Shade

Okeyday, I'll see what I can find.
I noticed T-1000 is 6 after I posted.

If I remember Conan corectly he is:
4RR
4/3
Legend
R:+2/+0 until end of turn
T:destroy target cleric (It might be RT: I'll let you know:D.)
Conan counts as a king

I am...
Ihsan's Shade

M

Mr_Pestilence

I have been collecing the Inquest Legends since they came out, but I missed a few. I actually cut them out of the magazines and pasted them onto worthless commons. They are pretty cool, even if I don't get to play with them (there aren't really a lot of "casual" players around where I live). It's still neat to see some of my favorite characters, such as Conan or Elric of Melnibone, recreated on Magic cards.

I recently contacted Inquest to see if they had put these on line somewhere, but they have not. Face it though, if there was moey to be made, they would print them or make them available for a small fee. Personally, I would love to see Inquest reprint the series to date, and maybe issue annual updates. Maybe they could make it a premium for subscriptions? If they can't print the Inquest Legends on actual cardstock, maybe they could release them as stickers to be put onto other cards. I would rather see a unique card polybagged into each issue than some worthless common promo card.

If any of you are interested, contact Inquest and tell them what we want. If they get enough interest, they'll do something for us.

D

Dune Echo

Dude, I did the same thing except I color copied them and then cut out the copies. Riven Blade just rocks in multiplayer blue control! I think I will email them with the idea. Thanks Spiderman! That sticker idea actually is really quite cool. Cuts down on the printing cost and you don't have to pay for the copywrited back (or something like that).

Spiderman: did they respond to you at all? If I can I'll see what they say.

Anyone that interested, email 'em. This could be the way to get your card ideas printed!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Umm, you must have me mixed up with Mr. Pestilence or someone... I didn't have a sticker idea nor contact anyone about anything.

S

superguy

yeah, I think there is a bit more legends in the inquewts, Im just too lazy as of now to ifnd them, but I will soon. NTW, Rancor, thats my favourite song! :)
Anyway,I ll search and tell you what I can do.

C

Child of Gaea

Back in the day, Baron Sengir, some friends and I, would hold tournaments amongst ourselves. Whoever won would get one of the InQuest Legends we had cut out of the magazine and glued on to a real card. In addition, we could "legally" use those cards in our decks forever. I do not remember the text of the cards that they recieved, but I still have mine :)

Garet Jax
3UW

First Strike
Garet Jax may block any number of creatures.
4/4

I would team his bad ass up with a Ward of Lights for what you could call my first combo. LOL I long for those days, as I am sure you all have some similar stories you could tell!

M

Mikeymike

Would be a website dedicated to Players cards designs.

Or maybe a similar section on the CPA (hint hint, nudge nudge).

Someone would have to filter out all of the unbalanced cards, but I think that would be a lot of fun. I bet a complete 330 card set would be made in no time flat.

The ultimate goal would be an Apprentice expansion.

I can dream, can't I. Damn, if I was a better Developer I'd do it myself.

M

Mikeymike

I'm there, and its getting bookmarked. However I just tried the link and it didn't work.

Thanks for the info!

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Umm, isn't making a CPA designed Apprentice patch what Chaos Turtle is doing in the "New Card Ideas" thread in this forum?

:confused:

D

Dune Echo

No, this isn't player made cards per se. I just wanted a list of all the cards that Inquest had published under their "Legends" section. Can anyone help me with a list from back issues?

S

superguy

Hey people, I have these Inquests, and if you need legends from there, tell me:
I can get #2 from my friend
## 6, 7, 14, 22, 23, 34, 38, 39, 40, 43, 44, 45, 48, and many more over # 50.
I started playing when #50 came out, but I bought most of these older ones, for usually $1 or 2, canadian, go figure.... I love old mags.
Anyway, tell me, and ill post them.
Best of luck