infinite combos???

R

rakso

Certain things done during upkeep are now limited to one effect per upkeep.

This includes Apathy.

This also includes the return of Nether Shadow, which nullifies things like Nether Shadow-Goblin Bombardment and Nether Shadow-Altar of Dementia.

Another is Mana Vault-Power Artifact.

P

Planeswalker

I know of two very playable infinite combos that utilize Tolarian Academy.
1. Tolarian Academy + 12 artifacts + Palinchron
2. Academy + 8 artifacts + Candelabra of Tawnos + Capsize

The dumbest infinite mana combo I know of involves Reap from Tempest:
Opponent with lots of black permanents + 2 Reap + 2 Black Lotus

D

Duel

Academy, 3 memory crystals, 1 more artifact, whispers of the muse, and lapis talisman. Then you add more artifacts as you get them, until you do the same with 3 artifacts and capsize.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Here's some from Duelist #10 (May 1996)

Well, they mention the Nether Shadows combo but as rasko said, it doesn't work anymore...

Some of these might have been mentioned:

Enduring Renewal + Ashnod's Altar + 1cc or less colorless creature + X spell

Enduring Renewal + Su-Chi + Fallen Angel

This one looks a bit complicated...

Leviathan + Clone + Puppet Master + Homarid Spawning Bed + Ashnod's Altar + Farrelite Priest + Sunglasses of Urza + Sleight of Mind

I leave it as an exercise to the reader to figure this out (and to actually build a deck to get it out) (and to see if it actually works under 6th rules).

If people are really stuck I'll explain it as explained in the Duelist.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Spidey, that combo is scary, but then, that's why it's 8 (!) cards.

I know a good combo...

4 Replenish + 4 Opalescence + 4 Parallax Wave + 4 Parallax Tide + 4 Attunement + 4 Frantic Search + 4 Seal of Cleansing + 4 Seal of Removal + 4 Enlightened Tutor

I heard someone might make a deck out of it.......

D

Dead

High tide and Palinchron. Infinite mana in two cards. However, you have to make sure it doesn't get countered (but then, that applies to most combos and these are blue, so you should win a counter war with double mana production: otherwise, run city of solitude).

Then you need an X spell that kills. Oh look, blue has one of them too- stroke of genius.

There you go them- deck them with 3 cards.

N

nodnarb24

Mind Over Matter+Thieving Magpie+hermetic study. Deal 1 damage, draw a card, pitch card, untap magpie, deal 1 damage... not really infinite but it goes until you run out of cards in your library.

G

Gerode

Apprentice Necromancer in graveyard, Apprentice Necromancer in play, Soul Warden, Carnival of Souls, Black Market. Infinite B mana.

Angelic Protector, About Face, an en-Kor, and Fling/Deadshot.
Infinite damage.

3 (maybe 4) Magistrate's Scepters/Voltiac Keys.
Infinite Turns.