infernal genises/squirrel ideas

T

tapper

I have an idea on 2 new genises decks:

one is squirrel makers (i.e. derranged hermit and squirrel wrangler) and infernal genises to make a lot of creatures and then Gaea's craddle to power up for a huge fireball. also you can use ashnods altar 2 make lots of mana 2.

the other idea is get fatties like thorn elemental and verdant force, do u like???

D

Duel

Okay, here's a tenative decklist:

4 Deranged hermits!
3 Verdant forces
4 Revive
4 Citanul heriphants
4 natural order
4 skyshroud elves
3 pack hunt
2 overrun
4 lanowar elves
4 fireball, or a variant thereof.

2 Gaea's cradle
18 Forests

Okay, once you get out a hermit and a heirophants, it's prtty easy. Either let the hermit die, and bring it back, or keep it, and kill them with thousands and thousands of squirrels!!!! *insane cackle*

So, you can overrun them in every sense, or fireball your way to victory. Also, I think that Oath od druids may serve well, to start with. I'm just worried that once you get tokens, it'll be a drawback.

D

Duel

And yes, I do realize that I took out infernal genesis. Sorry. I think there are more efficient ways of working it. If you want to keep it in....

Decklist 2.0
4 infernal genesis
3 mirri's guile
4 worldly tutors
4 Sengir vampires
4 Avatars of woe
4 Avatars of might
4 Crash of rhinos
4 Citanul heirophants (CAST THESE!)
3 skyshroud elves
4 Dark rituals
2 Fireballs

10 Swamps
8 Forests
2 Gaea's Cradle
this may be better:it's 2 color. Uses Black market and drain life...

Decklist 3.0
4 infernal genesis
3 mirri's guile
4 worldly tutors
4 Sengir vampires
4 Avatars of woe
4 Avatars of might
4 Crash of rhinos
4 Dark rituals
3 Black market
3 Pestilence
3 Drain Life

14 Swamps
6 forests

Well?

N

nodnarb24

Tag Guard

A really fun idea to run with deranged hermits is dual natures. play the natures then the hermits you can pummel the opponent with tons of squirrel tokens. FUN FUN FUN!!!

M

Mikeymike

If you feel like it, check out my Infernal Genesis ideas thread furter down in this forum. I tossed a bunch of thoughts out there and a few members were nice enough to respond.

The focus of my deck was Volrath's Stronghold and Infernal Genesis. The idea is to get out an InGen and a Stronghold with some big critters in the deck. Wait until a big fella goes to the graveyard, produce X tokens. At the end of the opponent's turn use the Stronghold to put the big guy back on top of your library and repeat this process OVER AND OVER AND OVER until someone gets sick of it.

Goblin Bombardment and/or Kyren Negotiations will be the killers WHEN I get my 3 other Infernal Gens.
I think I'd go with Thorns, Avatars and Verdants in the deck before the Hermits. The Casting Cost is the key to abusing the InGen, get the most out of it. Besides, if you do get some Cradle's (and Volrath's Stronghold), run Crop Rotations to grab a Cradle so you can cast all the big stuff that made it to your hand.