India and Pakistan

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Any thoughts on this conflict? Will it be war, even nuclear? Will they be able to stand down? Anyone watching/worried about it?

C

Chaos Turtle

I'm watching and worried.

I don't have much to say on the subject though, not knowing the history of the conflict well enough to form an opinion, though I do understand the basics.

I only hope wisdom will prevail over insanity.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I'm not too knowledgable on the conflict except it has to do with Kashmir and something like despite a majority that would have sent it to one country back when Great Britain pulled out, it decided to go with the other? And the other country wants it anyway?

I just saw a "sound bite" saying Pakistan refused to say that it would use nukes first, unlike India's pledge (since Pakistan has a smaller army than India). I don't know if it was taken out of context or if that stance changed though. But I would guess that along with the Korean DMZ, that border has got to be one of the most heavily armed and guarded. Like a million and a half troops from both sides combined or something...

A

arhar

Honestly, I'm scared s**t-less. Religious fanaticism by itself is pretty bad, but when combined with nuclear power, it has the potential to destroy us all. I hope it doesn't come to that!!

M

Mr_Pestilence

What do you call 10-15 million incinerated Indians and Pakistanis?

A good start!

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Well, about 10% of the (nonredundant) cultural heritage of the world would get blown up if there were a nuclear war there...

I assume (possibly incorrectly) that Mr_Pestilence means that if the war starts sooner rather than later they'll kill themselves earlier rather than later and things will be better sooner. Is that close to it?

N

Nightstalkers

We say to just dig a hole, get in it, and watch the fireworks!

A

Apollo

Well, the guy's name is Mr_Pestilence, so of course he's in favor of wiping out large numbers of people!:)

N

Nightstalkers

Think about them using that new "Dirty Bomb" thats supposed to be out!