I'm here to help

• Thread starter The Magic Jackal
  • Start date
T

The Magic Jackal

Hello everyone, i'm here to help you with all of your magic questions. I have read most of the magic books (haven't read nemesis book, the thran, and i haven't finished Bloodlines, mainly because i've been swamped at school lately). If you have any questions or you would like to discuss something with me or if you want to ask me about future plots post away.

S

superguy

Thanx for the help, we appreciate it! :)
Ok, well this question is actually part of another thread, but still: Who is Jolrael? All we know of him, is that he has centaurs.
:) Also I'm going to buy the nemesis booktoday, and will be done in about a week, so feel free to ask me questions about it.

T

The Magic Jackal

I had this big long paragragh about your question, but then my connection got messed up, dammit!

Basically, Jolrael lived during the mirage block. Have you ever noticed why there seems to be no information about the mirage block? It's because WoTC hasn't put out a book yet, and they also did really tell much about the story when it came out. Try to name 5 important people that took place during the mirage block. stumped that's what i thought. Now do it with urza block-barrin, karn, teferi, gatha, rayne, multani, rofellos, kerrik, etc, etc. the list goes on and on. Also, mirage takes place after urza's block if i'm not mistaken. My advice would be to read all the flavor text of the mirage cards, you probably get some clues there.

Z

Zadok001

Joreal, Teferi, Karvek, Shaku, Mangara, Asmira. There, you happy? :) J/K. It's not too hard to think of the important characters, it's knowing WHO they are that's a challenge. I mean, names aside, I know exactly nothing about these characters. (Not true, Karvek is evil, but aside from that...)

"Jorael? You mean that centaur guy?"

F

FoundationOfRancor

I cant wait till the mirage book is published....

K

K1

What happened to Serra? How and why did she die? This is a little upsetting, it'd be really nice to have a Serra summon angel legend

S

superguy

Thnx 4 input guys!
As for the serra legend- well there's the Radiant, Archangel. I dunno how close to Serra it is, im just on my second book, but still....

F

FoundationOfRancor

Radiant was serra's 2nd in command I guess. it turned out she was phyrexian if I remember correctly.

K

K1

Radiant phyrexian? You sure not getting Radiant mixed with Selena?

D

Duel

Radiant wasn't phyrexian, she just refused to abandon her home plane. She and several of her angels stayed to fight the phyrexians when serra fled.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Wasn't Serra pretty deep into the Homelands era? I seem to remember her kicking the bucket around then, and her dying spell cutting that plane off from the rest.

I could be wrong though, as I haven't read the books yet. I think I read about it in one of the magazines, like Inquest or the Duelist, that was out at the time.

TomB
CPA Member

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
One of the old Duelists from around the Mirage period had the background on Mirage and the main characters, I believe. I'll try to find it and dig it out.

D

Dune Echo

Check out these two pages for your information on Jolreal, Rancor:

http://www.ccgnews.com/mtgstory/index2.html

http://www.wizards.com/Magic/expert/mirage/Story_of_Jamuraa.asp

They should answer most of your questions. Also, Wizards tries to include a story along with each page about a particular card set. You may want to look through those for information.

T

theorgg

I've got the serra hop up.(usage/words?)

In the homelands era(find the homelands COMIC BOOK if you can and pay $15 for it. It's GREAT!!!) she befriended Feroz who didn't like summoning creatures. Feroz kicks the bucket(read the comic to find out how) and serra gets depressed. she leaves urgrothia and wanders. a black mage believes that her weddin' band is very powerful and quickly uses a huge drain life on her to steal it. she dies.

I recommend the Homlands comic.
the set wasn't too good, but what the set didn't have the comic made up for it. the bad part is that the comic is VERY expencive if you find it. at least $15 now, I've seen it for as much as $25.

I'd say it's worth it, however. and you just might get a Baron Sengir.(or a feroze's ban or Apacolipse chime...)

D

Dune Echo

Hey, Orgg, wanna know something just sickening? I have all three versions of the comic book (one with the Baron, the Chime, and the Ban) all still poly-bagged, plus one opened to read. Don't you just hate bastards like me?

A

arhar

Hey!!!!

I've got a perfect card for Serra. Find an analogy in following......

Maro - P/T equals to number of cards in your hands

Multani, Maro Sorcerer - P/T equals to number of cards in EVERYONE's hands

Serra Avatar - P/T equals to your life total

SERRA - P/T equals to EVERYONE's life total

NOW THIS WOULD BE AN AWESOME CARD!!

Probably overcosted and totally unplayable in tournaments, but a KILLER in Multiplayer

T

The Magic Jackal

Duel:
<--------(16)------
Dune echo:
<--------(17)-------
tomB
<---------(1 :cool:------

T

The Magic Jackal

dammit, it made a smily face!
here you go tom:
<-----------(18)--------

M

mogg bomber

The Homelands comic is actually worth that much now? Well, I always regretted not buying it. The one time I saw it for sale I bought a fourth edition starter deck instead(I had only been playing magic for about 3 months then and I didn't have too many cards).