Illusionary Fey (new mechanic)

M

Manpriest

Something I was thinking about the other night...

Illusionary Fey
1UU
Summon-fairy illusion
1/2

Effects that would prevent Fleeting Shadow from dealing combat damage are countered.

Whatcha think?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Looks good to me, except I can tell you're still thinking old school with "Summon" instead of "Creature" :)

T

train

It's Blue...

Blue is bad...

Blue doesn't need anything, ever, especially after this "counter" ability it has...

:rolleyes:

Nice Card though!;)

M

Manpriest

I was originally going to make it green and instead of 'countering' it would just have to be worded so that it was unaffected by it, but wanted to toss the concept out to you guys to see what ya thought.

N

Notepad

I especially enjoy how it gives a nice ability to a whole other creature. Hopefully Fleeting Shadow is green or black. :p

C

chunkymonky1053

I am tired of you guy doggin' Blue !!!
If you guys suck against blue, just find a way to beat it. Dang counters don't stop everything you know. I just use it for more cards though.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

N

Notepad

There's more than just train. That annoying little sidekick he has agreeing with everything anti-blue, he says...

...that would be ME!

Blue is crap. Only thing it's good for is making fun of.

Interestingly enough, the one deck I built that is the most fun to play against a blue deck was a pure direct damage deck. Man, was it fun playing in small area Type I events with that thing. Counter players were stunned because if everything is equally a threat...what do they counter? Heh. Blue is fun to beat on. :D

D

Darius099

Blue is not bad. Blue is annoying when played alone in casual.

I'm a tourney player too, so I'm throwing my 'suck it up and play' mentality aside, since this is all about my favorite part of M:TG, casual.

Blue/counter in a non-mono deck is not that bad, you can get around it easily if your deck was thought out to begin with. Playing against a mono-blue draw/go mentality? Boring. Snooze. Zzz...

But, when playing against splashed blue, or control? You can't complain... it's just as fun for you to outspeed them, or get around counter with head games/planning.

Play Smart!

And on the card : I like the fairy idea. Fairies rock ;)

~Darius099

N

Notepad

Hey, I notice Manpriest hasn't posted in a while. Hey man, come back. I for one would like to see more dream cards.

We all mess up when posting dream cards. I did it in my Dream Set articles at least once. Changed the name of a card that referenced itself. Doh!

But a cool idea you got here.