If you didn't think Wellwisher was good enough...

• Thread starter Budget Player Cadet
  • Start date
B

Budget Player Cadet

Okay. We all know how it got started. The incredible force from elves started right in alpha, with a little fellow named Llanowar elves. That was one hell of an awesome nonrare creature. For one mana, a really efficient mana booster.
Now, we all know that elves still rule, and more than ever now. Tempest brought one of the most unfair elves of all time to play: Eladamri, Lord of the Leaves. Urza's gave us Rofellos (If you thought that Llanowar elves were good, take a look at this guy) and priestess of titania, Apocalypse brought us Sylvan Messenger, allowing for incredible card advantage, and if i left any good ones out, please tell me.
By onslaught block, it really started cranking. Cards like Wellwisher, Timberwatch Elf, and Voice of the woods made it hard to kill anything, and Wirewood symbiote just makes the game hell. I mean, each time I play Steely resolve in my elf deck, I choose insects!
But if any set brought the elves to a boil, it was lorwyn. Adding a second color? I wasn't too happy about that, but that's okay. But take a look at this one!!?!! http://ww2.wizards.com/gatherer/CardDetails.aspx?&id=139683#
Imperious perfect is just plain insane!!! :eek: :eek: I mean, come on. First of all, it pumps all your elves. that already makes it almost as good as Elvish Champion. But it's second ability? DUDE!! It really doesn't get much better than this. Being able to just simply produce elves like that? Hell, this card is comparable with Eladamri!
And it isn't just in elf decks. I swear, they didn't playtest this card. You get it in a draft or sealed and you win. But what about Intruder alarm? That's just evil! (Intruder Alarm decks are going to get another big winner in morningtide with Stonybrook Schoolmaster).
Anyways, Elves have always been broken, so i guess this is just continuing a tradition. Anyways, if i left any staples out, tell me.
Later!