If the war starts.....

A

arhar

... I'm enlisting!!! I'm gonna personally make sure every future terrorist does not survive till adulthood!!! The time for diplomacy and fancy words is OVER!!!! I'm sick and tired of this crap and I think it's time for America to forget about democracy and show that the strongest country in the world is NOT to be messed with!!! We'll show those inhuman religious fanatics the true meaning of the words "total and complete wipe-out from face of the Earth"... All of them will get to experience the greatest glory of Islam: meet Allah, in person!!!!!!

E

EricBess

Ummmm.... I think I'll wait and see what an investigation uncovers before dusting off my bayonet.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
If a war does start, I won't enlist. As much as I'd like to defend my country in that fashion, I believe I'd just get in the way of the men that actually could make a differnce.

However, I wouldn't mind doing public speaking about the war.

Ransac, cpa trash man

D

Duel

If war starts, I'm fleeing to Canada. I don't approve of it. I'd rather go to jail. I never considered myself a pacifist, but.... hearing people talking about Muslims as if they were animals, and taking action against people, degrading them to the status of non-people, who you can kill without compunction, is something I cannot do. I'm glad our country has people who will enlist.

C

Cateran Emperor

If the war lasts until January, then I'm signing up. Until then I don't count as an adult and so would need parental permission, something that I would find absolutely impossible to get.

Nonetheless, this is identical to what happened after Pearl Harbor, and the reaction will be the same. Hell, I may lie about my age to join the army if that's what it takes to partake my vengeance.

I have dozens of friends in New York right now, and many of them are in Manhattan visiting with relatives. I haven't heard from any of them yet. If I don't...
...I don't think I need to say more...

T

terzarima

Hey Duel, you're always welcome at my house :)

However, my teacher brought up an interesting point. In Canada, our peacekeeping forces are called peacekeepers, we rarely have had to use our guns. American forces are called Peacemakers, what does that say to you?

Z

Zadok001

I will not enlist. This situation is not one that calls for war, it is one that calls for justice. Declaring war on a country is not the answer. This IS a declaration of war - But it is a declaration of war from the terrorist organization, not an entire country. We don't need an army to take on an organization.

Therefore, I will not help provide an army.

A

Almindhra

Duke, you shouldn't even post anything about what has happened yesterday...YOU are the person who had this looong conversation with me about how awful the US is, how great your country is...So you are NOT the best person to be talking right now...

R

rkoelsch

Having served in the military for 23 years and having retired any talk of this being a war is stupid. I hope there are calmer heads making the decisions of this country. This is not a war unless you compare it to the war on drugs. To that it will be very similar in that no matter how much money or bullets you throw at it it will not go away until it's reason for being goes away.

J

jcredberry

Here, from Venezuela, people is joining you in this hour of grief... But guys, try to think a little more about this... There's no country on this planet who will support this kind of behavior against the biggest power of the world... No, the palestinians couldn't do this beacause they will loose the fight against the jewish... Not even Sadam, because that will mean signing his death sentence... This is, no doubt, the job of Osama Bin Laden who is America's (and the free world) number one enemy... This was a very well organized act of terrorism that only shows how money and fanatism are a bad, bad mix... The WTC represented the pinnacle of the power in America and like that he wanted to destroy it... And with that action he wanted to create a huge amount of grief among the american people in order to force them to fight a war in which there'll be no battlefield... And all the fanatics in the world will join him and that will be the beggining of fear across the world... You have to act like you always said, bring him to justice, give him a fair trial and tell the world who the real criminal is...

I have studied a little about wars and the only thing people says about it is how they could get in... And when they are inside they say how can I get out...

Peace...

I

Ihsans Shade

Okay, I don't think that it is a good idea, to start pointing fingers quite yet as to yesterdays attacks on New York, and D.C.

True that they were horrible, cowardly acts. But their are many people that could've caused such a disasters. I've heard names such as Osama Bin Ladin, Sadam Hussein, and recently I've heard rumors that the Chinesse might have been involved.

I'll be posting later as to my opinions on these three suspects, but I suggest that the nation does as it did yestarday, to act calm, and to not lash out at anyone who happens to be of the eithnic background.

However, you have to admit, true the victims were scared, but the US has shown saddness, and anger, but we as a nation have not shown fear.

I pray that the cowards that backed such an attack can be found, and be brought to justice in one fashion or another.

I am...
Ihsan's Shade

U

Ura

Zadok, one thing you have to realize is that terrorist orginizations are often supported and harbored by said countries which as far as I'm concerned doesn't absolve them of any guilt. Hell, our own laws on a small scale call things like that an accessory to murder and that can get you a life sentence in prison. You are right this is an act of war and though orchestrated by a terrorist group, they are often an extention of the country that allows them to live there and protects them.
It comes down to the simple rules of war, if someone declares war on you, you declare it back. Which I will note is what President Bush was hinting at when he said there will be no distinction between the terrorists and those who harbor and aid them.

Something everyone should realize, especially the one who are preaching peace and love and bringing them to justice. These groups don't care about our courts, they don't care about our laws, the simple fact is that they hate us and won't stop as long as we are both around. You can't just make a few arrests and throw some guys in jail for life, its like throwing a can of gasoline on a bon fire and gives them one more thing to hate us for that can result in attepts at gaining their comrades freedom to do this kind of thing all oer again.
Its been a proven fact for decades that the only thing many of them understand is force, the don't want to talk and have tea and make chit chat, they want to hurt us in anyway they can. The entire purpose of terrorism is to inflict fear on the civilian populations so they will influence their governments to a direction that the terrorists want. And yes, I do agree that these terrorists and disgraceful villans to the human race should be eradicated, not wildly by lashing out, but with precision by finding and targeting them specifically.
The only problem with that is that there are always more people including the women and children that some think are so innocent who are more then willing to pick up the rifle and continue their so called jihad or political agenda.

As for those who think the US should just sit at home and mind their own business. I'll give you a single example, remember WWII? If the US hadn't gotten involved we'd all be speaking German and goosestepping, some of the people on these boards wouldn't even be alive because they'd be executed in the Nazi views of an inferior race.
How many others would be dead in the middle east if not for allied and U.N. involvement?
You yourself Duke imigrated from an arabian country, can you honestly say that you'd be alive or not running around with an assault rifle if you didn't have the opportunity to move?
The majority of middle eastern countries have been war torn for decades, not only because many of them hate the west, capitalism, and democracy, but because they hate each other. The simple fact is that if there wasn't involvement from the world powers like the UN, US, NATO, and several others that things would be a hell of a lot worse in these places because these groups and countries don't just act as peace keepers by sending in soldiers, but they give medical aid and relief efforts.
How about if Canada just decided to call everyone home and not do anything, how many would die from lack of doctors, medicines, and safe food to eat?
Just as many leaders are saying, this isn't just an attack against the United States, its an attack against our entire way of life. Did the people on the planes deserve to die, or the people in their offices, just because they're government has an outward moving international affairs policy? How about the rescue workers who were just doing their jobs trying to save people who were just trying to do theirs, did they deserve to have a 110 story building dropped on them?

I don't f*cking think so.

No innocent person deserves to have this happen to them, but terrorists don't see the distinction between innocent and instigator. They just see westerner or American or Canadian or Brit and we're all the same to them, thats why these attacks happen without any form of discrimination.

I don't hate arabs, I don't hate muslims and the islamic faith even if I don't agree with its edicts. But I sure as hell hate the people and groups that did this and as far as I'm concerned they have earned every single missle that hits them when they're discovered a thousand fold.

Everyone who's being so nieve and preaching peace, shut up and grow a brain. I fully agree with what your feeling and thinking because I believe in peace, but the simple fact is that peace needs all sides to agree with it and right now that isn't going to happen. The world as much as it absolutely needs peace is in no condition the have peace, it never has been and probably won't be for a very long time unless drastic things happen.
Everyone who's saying to "kill em all" or nuke em till they glow should grow a brain and stop being so f*cking stupid. Uncontrolled annihalation isn't the answer here and until there is more evidence of who did it neither is racism or bigoted hate, you're just like they are if you do that. This situation does call for a severe and hard hitting military solution, but it still has to be controlled and perfomed with precision.

When someone has cancer we cut out the infected areas with a scalple, not a broadsword. And that is what needs to happen here because these terrorists are a cancer on all of humanity regardless of what country they're from, their race or religious beliefs. We put down rabid dogs because they can't be helped or saved, we should be applying the same rules to humans because when it comes down to it we're only intelligent primates.

Justice and vengence are two seperate ideas they are only kept apart by a very very VERY thin line. Sometimes as in this situation, they're walking hand in hand.

I've got alot of friends in the Canadian military. They're all on full alert and they are willing to become involved in an armed conflict if its needed to defend their way of life. Although the Canadian government is highly unlikely to become involved on a direct combat scale like that you can bet our engineers (we don't have jarheads,) are more then ready to throw down if it comes to that.

I

Ihsans Shade

Okay, I'm back.

Here is what I think of the three people that I mentioned in my previous post.

The Chinese- never. These people know what would happen to them. I don't care if you say "oh, they have nukes." Not going to matter.

Sadam Hussein- posible, but highly unlikly. This man has seen what happens to those who are foolish enough to piss off the US

Osama Bin Ladin- most likely. But sit and think a moment, what is the track record of Bin Ladin. True he has attacked us before, but then it was freakin' car bombs was the most sophisticated he was able to come up with. Don't get me wrong though, I still think he did it, but not alone.

Still, if it is Bin Ladin, (is it 'din or 'den? i'm not sure:confused: ) if what i got from Georgy boy last night is correct, that means the Talibahn goverment of Afganistan is scerewed.

If this does lead to war, I'm pretty sure that this will for the most part be a bombing capaign, like is the Balkans, and the need for ground troops will most likely be unessecary for the most part.

I think that if we do go to war, we will have emotional, and moral support of the world, but I think that we will be doing this alone, and that this should be a US only war, simply for the symbolism, that you may strike at us the hardest you can, but that the United States will not bow to terror.

Before I finish, I have one quick questoin: Who here would feel more comfortable if good ole' wild Bill was running the show?
(Ihsan raises hand.) Guess we'll have to work with what we got.

Confident in the President, I am...
Ihsan's Shade

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I agree with those who say that we should just get those responsible and not blindly lash out against a particular race or country.

While several countries are recognized as "aiding" terrorist groups (Afghanistan, Libya, Iran, and Iraq among them), I don't think we're going to declare war on whatever country "supported" this group. The most likely response would be economic sanctions or something (which is better than violence, I say). However, seeing how we suffered a couple of embassy bombings which killed numerous people and the attempted bombing of the World Trade Center in '93 and we really didn't do anything against Afghanistan (since they were linked to bin Laden), I'm not sure the US will do anything against Afghanistan.

All I can see is some covert operations to kill/bring those responsible to trial (which Gizmo says we could have done six years ao, but really, I think there was more than we know behind such decisions).

A

arhar

And then it's gonna happen again, again and again, until we finally decide to take military action.

E

EricBess

Ishsan,

I'm more comfortable with Bush myself. I'm not going to speculate on what Clinton would be doing right now. He might be doing a fine job. However, Bush is being very careful to make sure that he has surrounded himself with a lot of advisors that are thinking things through carefully. People have critisized him for not being active, but he is far more intelligent than he is given credit for and he knows his limitations. I'm not sure that would have been true with Clinton.

R

rkoelsch

And why would you think military action would solve this? Do you honestly think a terrorist is going to say," Oh gosh, I better not drive this car bomb into that embassy. The US will go bomb my relatives and neighbors." You really think someone willing to sacrifice their own life would hesitate to sacrifice others? I am not sure what the correct response should be but I am pretty sure that massive military action is not it.