Idea to continue a grouping of five!

I

Istanbul

We've seen the graveyard-building cards Kindle for red and Accumulated Knowledge for blue...how about these?

Watchfulness 1W
Instant
When you play Watchfulness, choose a color.
Target creature gains protection from the chosen color until end of turn.
For each Watchfulness card in your graveyard, you may select one additional creature to gain protection from the chosen color.

Unimpeded Growth 1G
Instant
Target creature gets +2/+2 until end of turn.
That creature gets an additional +1/+1 until end of turn for every Unimpeded Growth card in all graveyards.

Foreboding Ritual B
Instant
Add BB to your mana pool.
Add an additional B to your mana pool for every Foreboding Ritual card in your graveyard.

How about that, folks? A miniature Reverent Mantra, a Giant Growth that gets better, and a fixed Ritual!

W

Wizard2000

Pretty cool.. ideas. We've been tossing around ideas for a new Dark Ritual for a while now. :)

C

Captain Caveman

ALL of those cards seems pretty good to me.

I think they should be added to the CPA
apprentice suggestion list. (..commons of
course)

I lik'em!

C

Chaos Turtle

I LOVE them!
Especially the green and black ones.

Hey, Istanbul?
Didn't you used to be Constantinople?
Just curious...

Killer Joe

Chaos Turtle......
Was that a "They Might Be Giants" insinuation comment there to Istanbul (not constantinople)?

The black card is great.
I have another take on the green card:
Target creature gets +2/+2 until end of turn.
For each Unimpeded Growth in your graveyard, you may select one additional creature to gain +2/+2.

It's a rip off of the white card but I think it's more in the flavor of Green, IMO.

D

Dune Echo

Actually, look at Kindle, it only does an additional point of damage per card in the graveyard. The Giant Growth variant follows this idea very well.

Has anyone realized the strength of Accumulated Knowledge in multiplayer when everyone is using them and you have a Multani out? It makes me laugh just to hope for such a situation.

Z

Zadok001

I may have said this already, my memory sucks...

Hiya Istanbul! :) If this is the same guy as from MtgNews, this is Nivelimac. (As if the Greater Good fanatic line and CPA founder thing couldn't tell you that...)

I

Istanbul

Glad everyone seems to like them!
Wizard2000 - Yeah, I know, and maybe this will be the one to be balanced enough.
Capt. Caveman - Sure, where exactly is that?
TomB - Dankeschoen.
Chaos Turtle - No. I was friends with Constantinople, but I ATE HIM.
Yellowjacket - A possibility, but that seems a little TOO strong for 2 mana. Sort of like a miniature Overrun.
Dune Echo - Why do you think I play a lot of blue/green in multiplayer? :)

I

Istanbul

Yes, on both counts.

Yes, your memory sucks.
And yes, this is the same Istanbul. :)

D

Duel

I don't remember Zadok saying his memory sucks...

I liked the giant growth idea, though it's a little expensive, and the forbidding ritual. But here's my suggestion for the white one:

Mass (or some equally religous name)
instant
1W
Gain 3 life
Gain 2 life for each Mass card in any graveyard

Note: The reason I have doubts about the giant growth one is that giant growth/ lightning bolt/ accumulated knowledge/ dark rituals/ and healing salve are the same style. 1 mana, + 3 to power/toughness, or damage, or hand size, or mana, or life. Since only Giant Growth and Healing salve stuck around, doesn't that mean they are the weakest of these cards anyways? I'd do one mana for +1/+1 or a +2/+2 for the graveyard.

I

Istanbul

Duel - The Giant Growth variant was meant to be a little expensive. Isn't Kindle a bit overcosted at 2 damage for 2, on the first casting? But, like Kindle, it's worth playing because it gets much better.

As for Mass...I wanted to make cards that would see use. No one really plays life-gaining; life is a very temporary resources in Magic, casual or otherwise. But protection can be a lifesaver.