I need some help with this

T

TheDevil565

TAG GUARD

OK, me and my friends are in great controversy over this and we don't know who is right. The basic problem is that we are not sure if a situation I was in counts as a date or not. While I argue against it being a date, there is substantial evidence eiher way. I would like to clarify before you make judgement that I have no feelings beyond friendship for her, and vice versa. (I think) Anyway, here is what happened:

1. We went to a baseball game. The only reason I went is because they had a spare ticked and she invited me. So, technically she paid for my ticket.

2. I bought all of my own stuff, except for a drink which I should have purchased but she shoved a $10 bill in the woman's face, effectively paying for me.

3. After the game, we went to her house and had dinner. Her whole family was present.

4. After dinner, we went on a short bike ride.

Is this a date, or am I victorious once again in being right?

J

Jaws10387

TAG GUARD
Spiderman's question is important because if she is just someone you don't know it would probably be considered a date, but if you have known her for a a while then it isn't a date.

A

Almindhra

Ok, I don't know much about dating...Because, I've never really dated...But anyways...

It all depends if the woman likes you or not...Could tell at all?...Was she poking your gut or something?...That can be endearing you know...To me it just sounds like a nice time between 2 friends...

Did she mention she would like to do this again sometime?...Or did she give you the phone number of her vet or something?...

T

The Magic Jackal

That is definitely a date. Food and entertainment always counts as a date, unless it's a good friend or a sister.

N

nodnarb24

Tag Guard

I could see it could be either way but like the other people said if you have been good friends for a long time then it probably wasn't. But when in doubt ask her if it was.

Z

Zadok001

Oh, for God's sake. 'Date' has a wierd connotation. Someone asked me where I went on my first date with my girlfriend, ya' know, there are three seperate events that could be argued as our 'first date,' depending on how you look at it?

Personally, I would say that it's a date if you think it was. If you think it wasn't a date, it wasn't to you. If she thinks it _was_ a date, then it was one to her. It's matter unique to each person, individualized if you will. Whether or not it was a 'date' does not have to be a mutual belief. Some people would say meeting for the first time in a bar is a 'date,' others would say not (I'm in the second category).

It's up to each person of their own accord.

"My girlfriend thinks we started dating 4 months ago. I think we started 3 months ago. Reasoning? Two frickin' 'quasi-dates.'" :)

N

nodnarb24

Tag Guard

If she thinks it was a date you better think it was a date or you might be hearing from her. Especially if your tend to be in relationships that celebrate your first date. Which i think is stupid because there can be arguements.

D

Duel

Right. Um, my suggestion, would be to get it clear. Otherwise this will (and I speak from experience) screw up your life.