I need some help wit a G/B Nightmare deck

M

Madbutcher

Well wat i want to do is.. use G to search for Swamp's.. then play a big fat Nightmare

But other card's for this deck.. Chainer's edict ?
innocent blood ?
corrupt ? and maby
drain life ?
Mutilate ?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'd say early defense... Wall of Souls, Will-o-Wisp, Chainer's or Diabolic Edict, Innocent Blood, Abyssal Gatekeeper...

L

Limited

How about a cute lill' combo?

BlanketOfNightmare.dec said:
Creatures (25)
4x Filth
1x Maga, Traitor to Mortals
4x Mesmeric Fiend
4x Nekrataal
4x Nightmare
4x Undead Gladiator
4x Vampire Hounds
Spells (12)
4x Blanket of Night
4x Kodama's Reach
2x Nightmare Lash
2x Roots of Life
Lands (23)
2x Cabal Coffers
11x Forest
10x Swamp
A bit random, but the idea is to use the Blanket to get the most out of your Nightmare (which would probably be better in a Mono Black deck) while also giving your opponents swamps.

Vampire Hounds or Undead Gladiator will let you drop Filth in the graveyard and all your creatures become unblockable.

I added the Nightmare Lash for laughs; but it also gives you a chance to win a damage-race.

Hopes this helps!

D

DarthFerret

As long as you do not care if this is type 2 or not....then you could have the forests in there, but be ready (once used and nightmare is out) to turn them into Swamps. The name of the card escapes me, and I am not at home to look it up at this moment, but I am sure someone else here can tell you....

Evil presence...thats it! It was last reprinted in 5th edition, but should not be too hard to find...

M

Madbutcher

Limited said:
How about a cute lill' combo?

A bit random, but the idea is to use the Blanket to get the most out of your Nightmare (which would probably be better in a Mono Black deck) while also giving your opponents swamps.

Vampire Hounds or Undead Gladiator will let you drop Filth in the graveyard and all your creatures become unblockable.

I added the Nightmare Lash for laughs; but it also gives you a chance to win a damage-race.

Hopes this helps!
I like this deck:)
But i want to play 4 Yavimaya Elder.. so i wonder if i should remove 1 Mesmeric Fiend, the 2 Nightmare Lash and Maga, Traitor to Mortals?

L

Limited

The problem with the deck that it is bit topheavy..
You could also play with 4 Sakura-Tribe Elder instead of the Mesmeric Fiends...
The Nightmare Lashes were an afterthought (just like Maga) so you don't really need those. Perhaps some removal instead? Naturalize?

When you build it and play with it, tell us how it works will ya?

D

depolarization

How about finding a way to cram 4 Dark Rituals in there to help with the top-heaviness? Maybe even some Night's Whisper or Phyrexian Arena to draw cards and make sure you get your pieces out in time.

I love the Blanket of Night idea though, it makes me smile to no end as I love the nightmare.

Which reminds me, which nightmare do you use....Melissa Benson Art? I'd love to see them remake the art on the Nightmare again, such a wonderful creature!

M

Madbutcher

depolarization said:
How about finding a way to cram 4 Dark Rituals in there to help with the top-heaviness? Maybe even some Night's Whisper or Phyrexian Arena to draw cards and make sure you get your pieces out in time.

I love the Blanket of Night idea though, it makes me smile to no end as I love the nightmare.

Which reminds me, which nightmare do you use....Melissa Benson Art? I'd love to see them remake the art on the Nightmare again, such a wonderful creature!
i got 3 with Melissa Benson art and 1 Seventh Edition with Carl Critchlow painting:)

Dark Ritual is not a bad card in balck decks:)
i have trade away all my Phyrexian Arenas .. so it mus be necropotence or Yawgmoth’s Bargain..

D

DarthFerret

I actually do not like having Dark Ritual in a black deck that contains Nightmares. Leaves the temptation too great (at least for me) to cast a Nightmare before I have enough Swamps in play to be effective. As a critter smaller than 4/4 he stands a good chance of being blown away early. If you feel a little top-heavy, do what I try to do with black. Run 4 Wil-O-Wisps. They are one of the best critters in the game for only one Mana. 0/1, Flying, and regenerating. Also, if you are worried about type 2 format, they are still printed in ninth, (and should be fairly easy to get a hold of).

As for the artwork, I have 2 Unlimited Nightmares, 2 Revised, and 1 7th ed. I honestly think that the older artwork (with a few exceptions like reverse polarity) is a lot better, and more suited to the card and its effect.

You will NEVER convince me that the new clone, and all the "newer" counterspells, have better pictures. Sorry, the peace sign with the flows of negation magic from them is just the best! (counterspell). And the Clone's old artwork is also great.

As well as one last thing about the art......my favorite artist is no longer employed by wizards, so nothing new can ever equal the old! (Quinton Hoover)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Madbutcher said:
i have trade away all my Phyrexian Arenas .. so it mus be necropotence or Yawgmoth’s Bargain..
Oh no. That simply won't do! I'm afraid Necropotence and especially Bargain are just not good enough to replace Phyrexian Arena. :rolleyes:

Maybe you can use Greed? :rolleyes:

M

Madbutcher

Oversoul said:
Oh no. That simply won't do! I'm afraid Necropotence and especially Bargain are just not good enough to replace Phyrexian Arena. :rolleyes:

Maybe you can use Greed? :rolleyes:
haha.. i HATE Greed :D
but maby i'll try it in ths deck :confused:

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I was joking! Greed sucks. Phyrexian Arena is lackluster. Necropotence is horrifically broken and Bargain is even more ridiculous. There is no comparison between Necro/Bargain and a card like Phyrexian Arena, except that people use them in similar decks.

Decks that use Phyrexian Arena go, "I'm getting card advantage. Cool. Now I'll be able to take control of the game." Decks that use Necropotence go, "I think I'll Necro in a bunch of cards. Funny how I keep getting cards that kill your stuff and otherwise give me an advantage. It's almost as though I can get another card for the measly price of a single life point..." Decks with Bargain do something sort of like that, except that they skip the intermediate steps of doing things like letting you have a turn to do anything about it.

M

Madbutcher

well.. now i startig to collect the card for this deck:)
Wat i need is:
1x Filth
4x Nekrataal
2x Undead Gladiator
4x Vampire Hounds
4x Blanket of Night
2x Roots of Life

F

Force of Will Smith

mutilate is amazing for monoblack, but if you're using mana accel and beef of green.. possibly consider something more customizable.. like forced march.. it has BBB in the cost.. but you can also choose to blow up tokens, or a white weenie deck, otherwise just run something like massacre or hideous laughter to hurt the masses.

also if you have filth.. mind maggots is ridiculously powerful with it..
hmm.. also undead gladiator is only really good in a recursion or zombie deck..
if you need to discard, use a creature who is good in the first place, like hidden horror..and maybe use creatures that benefit from the end result..
like mortivore.. so you play the creature, discard for effect, then replay a card to reap a 2nd reward.

nightmare lash is actually a really good card, i was murdered by a nightmare lash'd will of the wisp..

if you're trying to get swamps out fast go with harrow.. but kodama is good as well..

i think yavinmaya elder could be fun, but you might have better luck with either elfhame sanctuary, or even just a wall of blossoms..

if you want fast land and dont care if opponents get it, use either a 1cc veteran explorer, or a new frontiers that you can get X swamps in play.. i mean.. if you have a creature that can attack that turn it doesnt matter if your lands come into play tapped... just that they give your creature +x/+x

would be kind of a funny deck.. early defense.. land fetch.. then.. BAM.. attack with a 12/12 flier... then drain life for 10 next turn...

M

Madbutcher

Oh.. thanx for the help here everyone:)
Now i have so many idea's so i realy don't know where to start:)