I need a new plan....

F

FoundationOfRancor

lol oh I forgot to mention. Type II. With classic but without US block

G

Gryphonclaw

I reccomend rebels.
They are fairly universal, able to deal with almost any threat. Unfortunately they are pretty mana intensive, and not quite as fast as they could be. The work great with wave of reckoning, most have a power lower than their toughness, and some of the recent rebel cards have boosted this type of deck a lot.

I would opt for a sort of white control deck, there's a lot of good new critterkill out there, along with the fact that rebels can, fer example, often block, recruit, block, and still deal damage.

This 'surprise' factor can be quite useful, cause with the sheer variety of rebels available currently it's possible to search for any of a number of different creatures to respond to almost any situation.

In addition to all this the rebels can almost gaurantee stopping power against red and black, and with blacks current level of power this is a good thing.

Plus most of the best rebels can be picked up real cheap. :)

G

galtwish

Buy up as many Lin Sivvis as you can. Ascendant Evincar isn't as great as he looks on eBay, but the Mercenaries are pretty good. Additionally, Flowstone Overseer will be the next Masticore after UBC rotates out. And Blastoderm is a beating, natually, but a common so don't worry.

Erik

D

Duel

Blue control can win it, for a price. Masticore, treachery, thwart, etc.

On the other hand, I have a small green stompy with exactly one rare that turned out pretty well: stampede driver, briar patch, wild dogs, spidersilk armor, fog, skyshroud beasties, and dawnstrider (my one rare) are features.

Black-green was a color combo nemesis liked. Plague witch can handle swarm pretty well, and a couple big black anti-creatures (massacre, viscious hunger, forced march) will work agains the better rebels. Meanwhile, the big green creatures (rhox, blastoderm) can run straight through your enemy, or at least keep him defensive.

F

FoundationOfRancor

Ugg. Im sick today (Thats why theres so many posts from em today :)) Anyway, I need to decide on a future deck desing so I can start buying cards while there cheap. From what I gatehr theres
-Mercs
-Rebels
-Green Fading Beatdown
- Green Black speed
-Green Red speed
- Red Sligh (and burn)
- Red COntrol
- Black control
- Blue control
- BLue lockdown (Tangle wire)
- Blue white Control
- White control
-Spellshaper decks

What do you guys think is a good choice? Feel free to post dec lists

G

Gizmo

(I`m making this post on the assumption that Foundation wants decks for November T2, not some Classic+MBC format tournament.)

AAaaaahg!!!!

For gods sakes - will people please stop asking for decks post-Uza block?
"I want to plan ahead"
The card pool will have changed by 1000 cards by then - (thats 75% of the current pool will have changed by the time Urza block has gone, stat fans), so why bother?

All these are going out:
Saga - 350ish cards
Legacy - 150ish
Destiny - 150ish
Classic - 350ish

And then there will be these new sets:
Prophecy - 150ish
New Block - 350ish
7thEdition - 350ish

You can`t even rely on Armageddon or Wrath being in the new environment, so it is actually completely pointless to build decks for November.
That`s November.
In March.
November.
March.
How long do you need to playtest?
Ask me again in October, when I have the New Block spoiler list in my hands.

What will I be playing in my November T2 decks? Probably TradewindGeddon, or Cursed Fish, or maybe I`ll be with Hatred or Living Death.
Live in the moment, people.

T

The Magic Jackal

7th edition won't be out until 2001, so in november, he can still use classic. He will be able to use it for appoxiamtely 9mo. depending on the release date of 7th. I wouldn't really worry about, but i would try to collect some of the rares that you know will be used (lin sivvi, p wave/tide/nexus, blinding angel, rootwater theif, flagship, along with the other good MM and Nemesis rares).

G

Gizmo

Our survey said -
Ner-Nerrr...
Wizards announced around Nov/Dec that they were stepping the production of 7th Edition forwards 12 months - due around July actually. (unless they have since changed their minds)

T

The Magic Jackal

I was talking to a judge a couple of months ago, and he said that they were not going to be releasing it until 2001. I've heard a lot of rumors, both saying they are or they aren't. All I know is that InQuest hasn't said anything about the rumor. They usually know about these things, and since they haven't said anything, i assume it's not coming out this year.

T

The Magic Jackal

......I just checked Mtgnews' old records, and i couldn't find any sign of 7th edition.

G

Gizmo

When I first heard about it I just thought it was a rumour, but then it was carried as a serious story by the websites (I definitely saw it on Brainburst), but if nobody else has heard this then I`m willing to concede I dreamt the entire incident.

C

Chaos Turtle

It was not a dream.
It was announced on a live chat with a WotC rep, but a week or two later it was announced (on the MTG-L list, I believe in one of the NetRep replies) that it would not be released until 2001.