I need a new game

S

Svenmonkey

I am in need of a nice, quality computer game. All of the games I have now are rather tedious to play, since I've played them all through numerous times. If you have any games that you think are super-good, tell me.

M

Mazzak

I have Morrowind. How about I send you ten bucks towards you buying a brand new copy? I'll even include the tribunal CD.

NAH.

:p

T

train

Magic online... i think that one's pretty difficult to play all the way through...

S

Svenmonkey

I was thinking something like Medieval: Total War, but the review in Computer Games magazine says it can be a resource hog.

S

sageridder

Divine Divinity, sweet game and thier's a demo download out there if you want a preview.

S

Svenmonkey

I like RTS games, but I'm looking for something a bit more tactical than the normal (Praetorians looks decent, and Medieval: Total War, too). I also like RPGs and shooters, though I'd have to smuggle a shooter into my house if I got it.

Games I've liked in the past are Age of Empires II, Age of Mythology, America's Army (though the servers are so overloaded these days that it's hard to play), Neverwinter Nights, Diablo II, Gothic (I'm eagerly awaiting Gothic II), Battle Realms, Deus Ex, and The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind.

I've heard of Divine Divinity, and it got a good review from Computer Games, but it doesn't look appealing to me. I guess I've been spoiled by the amazing graphics and new concepts introduced by Morrowind and NWN. I'll check out the demo when I can download it, though.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Is multiplayer a concern for you, or do you just like single player?

I was looking at Praetorians too; that might be neat. Shogun: Total War might not be the resource hog Medieval is, but you'd have to check. Unless you're not interested in that type of warfare and want the medieval setting.

I've heard No One Lives Forever is pretty good, but I don't know if it's the kind of shooter you're looking for. And Icewind Dale II has gotten good remarks that it's a good adaptation of D&D 3rd ed. rules.

T

train

That navy seals online game, for X-box is it?, looks pretty good... There might be a computer version somewhere.

S

Svenmonkey

I'm pretty sure that SOCOM is XBOX exclusive, train.

Anyway, I've pretty much decided on Praetorians and either No One Lives Forever 2 or Medal of Honor: Allied Assault. I think I'll get that Rome: Total War game when it comes out, too, since they seem to have optimized the engine a bit.

I'm still open to suggestions, though.

B

BigBlue

Try Mechwarrior 4: Vengeance, or Mercenaries(though I haven't tried it yet myself).

Or maybe Freedom Force (RPG set in Golden Age comics).