I need a list...

R

Rando

...of the best White wennie creatures available right now for a deck I'm working on.
Please do not include Rebels, as I do not want to make a rebel deck, unless it is a rebel that would double nicely as an ordinary creature.

Obviously, I've already thought of Mother of Runes and Longbow Archer, and maybe Diving Griffins, but what can you sugest for me?

Thanks in advance
jp

G

Gizmo

Mother Of Runes

Longbow Archer
Steadfast Guard
Fresh Volunteers

Thermal Glider
Nightwind Glider

Is a complete list of good white weenie cards, Rebel or not. I personally would see no reason for not running a deck that uses 4 Sergeants and a couple of Lieutenants as it`s only search engine, you don`t have to extend it up to Lin Sivvi or anything like that, just cap it with 2/3 Gliders and 8 Bears.

R

Rando

On second thought, why am I cutting my self off at the knees before the race has even started?

I think a low-end rebel engine would do fine...

Hmmm...............

P

plaguelord2000

if you want to run a white deck try this

creatures 16
4 steadfast guard
3 rasmonian sergaent
4 defient falcon
1 lin sivvi
4 mother of runes

spells 20
4 gloriuse anthium
4 spirit link
4 story circle
3 wrath of god
3 armagedon
2 disenchant

lands 24
2 kor haven
2 raths edge
20 plains

it doesnt look like much but its a great deck seeing that you can do this if you get a good hand which you almost always will do

turn1: plains, sergant
turn2: plains, glorius anthem
turn3: plains, steadfast guard, spiritm link on guard
turn4: kor haven, attack with guard for 3 there at 17 your at 23, end of apponents turn search for a defient falcon,
turn5: raths edge, spirit link the bird attck with bird and guard gin 5 life apponent loses 5 life your at 28 and apponent is at 12

you have to say thats good and you can even at some seara avator becouse of the life game factor. i think you should try it on apprentice to see if it works

R

Rando

...was of a Red/White wennie rush deck with lots'O direct damage to clear the path.

You see, I'm a freak that obsesess over a deck for weeks at a time. I first posted my idea for a red/white (or white/red)deck many weeks ago, and I'm still mulling it over...

and over and over and over...

...until I get too frustrated with all of it, quit Magic in disgust for my complete lack of skill and deck-building ability, then come back and post a new deck for everyone's consideration after a week or two...

Yup...that's me.

T

Thrash Golem

ok plaguelord.. that is a god hand for your deck, and even then it isn't very good.

Glorious anthem costs 1WW to cast. ramosian sergenat inst a mana elf.

Good weenies:
white knight
tundra wolf
savannah lions
order of the white shield
order of leitbur
longbow archer
mother of runes
fresh volunteers
steadfast guard

P

plaguelord2000

dont think your a horrible deck builder or player. i have been playing for a while (about 6 months), and im just now starting to get good at deck building and playing. the best thing i think you could do to get beter is to play at as many tournys as possible, talk to the best players at your local gaming store, and be preparied to spend some money on magic cards, but most of all dont go off and start thinking that a deck you build that seams unstoppable will win, always beprepaired to lose to stupid random decks, also dont ghet stressed out about losing at magic. believe me i do it some times and it sucks realy bad. well thats the best thing i could say to help you ith magic. until later fellow magic players

P

plaguelord2000

i wasnt shure if glorius antume cost ww or wwc. i know the sergant isnt a mana elf. so i would of been set back an exra turn but o well its still a strong deck i think people might want to try

R

rkoelsch

If not some others to think of

Soul Warden W
Sotari Priest WW
Soltari Monk WW
Soltari Champion 2W
soltari Visionary 1WW
Warrior en vec WW
shaman en vec 1W

G

Gizmo

W/R
I`m not sure that red brings a great deal to the table, really. It`s creatures are strictly worse than WWeenie`s own stuff in most cases, and White has enough good spells of it`s own to fill in the gaps (Disenchant, PWave, Crusade, Geddon etc). It`s not immediately obvious why the red would be wanted, IMHO.

R

Rando

To Plaugelord2000 -

I've been playing for 5 years and spend at least 300 dollars on each set in booster boxes and singles. I remember the days before "mana curves" and "metagame".

I remember when the best deck building advice came from the little rule book, telling you to put in "40% land and 40% creatures. That leaves 20% for other spells".

Now, while I must admit that I have not strived to be a great player, and I do not test and practice for hours every day, it is more then disconcerting to be beaten by some little kid that just left Poke'mon a week ago and has stomped me into the ground because he saw an opening in the game that I did not.

I lose more then I win, and I always have. I have no idea why, regardless of the fact that I read almost every stratagy article in print and on the web. And, at the expense of sounding conceted, I know that I am intelegent.

So, that gives me:
1- money for the game
2- education in the game
3- experience in the game
and.... a 50% chance or better to lose the game.

But, I don't drink (any more) and I don't use drugs (any more) so I have to spend my extra money on something, and it may as well be Magic Cards.

To Gizmo -
I think I'm just going to try straight white, and maybe see if a "classic white wennie" deck can be done in today's enviorment, just for shits and giggles.

Why not? I've got nothing to lose.

K

krichaiushii

If you go outside of type 2, Soltari Guerrillas can't be beat in a red/white rush deck. They're like the Living Laser...

And Savannah Lions can't be beat.

Another option might be to combine first strike with the tap to damage creatures -- Heavy Ballista and its ilk in white, and Anaba Shaman and company in red. Both colors also provide first strikers.

Unfortunately, I think you are going to stick with type 2, so my advice is for naught...

R

rkoelsch

A thing I also try to do is include some artifact creatures
to deal with the Prot white creatures.
Masticore fits in to white weenie well
in extended I used Phyrexian War Beast or bottle Gnomes

P

plaguelord2000

ok its good that you like to spend money. its also goiod taht you dont mind loosing at all. its nice to have a player that is in it for fun and not for the points (raiting points) and money that can come with the game.
there isnt much that i can help you with unles you become a searuse player and lust for a win like i do. well if you want any help just pm me any time or put upo anouther thead.

P

Purple_jester

You said "available right now" so I'm assuming that it is Type 2 (or the recent Type 2 anyway). But just in case, some oldies would be nice:

White Knight
Order of Leitbur
Order of White Shield
Savannah Lions
Femeref Knight
Knight of Dawn
Paladin en-Vec
Shaman en-Kor
Warrior en-Kor
Soul Warden

Here are some currently available weenies which I would recommend:

Expendable Troops
Chieftain en-Dal
Diving Griffin
Steadfast Guard

At the moment, pure white seems to be the way to go. I wouldn't really recommend W/R right now. Come Invasion all that could changes as red gets a needed boost to its sorry lack of ammunition. ;)

P

plaguelord2000

those ae some good sugestions and i to do think red is going to get a big boast in invasions hopefully. straight white is far sappirear than R/W. if you like red go ponza control and i dont even recament that becouse is to vonerable of a deck to be beat. althought if you like red splash black so oyu can have a reeacering avalench rider with haunted crossroads which could be a real strong combo for ponza. sorry i got off the subject a little but ther is always little things you should think about.

R

Rando

I only play type 2 for competition and type 1 for kicks (though not as often) I don't touch Extended.

I am a firm beliver in the fact that white is the only color that can do ANYTHING and EVERYTHING. Name a card mechanic or ability, and I'll name a white card that can do it.

I'll go with all white, but now I have to decide between beatdown and control.

R

rkoelsch

If you go beatdown you might consider Chimeric Idol. If you go beatdown this will work well for you I think.