I need a break...

O

orangejuice64

It's finally happened.
I'm not going to play magic for a while.

I don't know how or when it started. Maybe it was the series of trades that I got ripped off in. Maybe it was the constant defeats from my brother's decks. Maybe it was the non-stop "You have to play" routine form my friends. I don't know what it was, but as of right now I am taking a break from the world of Magic. It probably won't be permanent, But it may be. I dont know, but I thought you people should be the first to know.
So right now my cards are locked in my box in my room. It's sad, but It has happened.
I'll post again when I figure out why I am playing the losing game, and winning it every time.

V

Volradon

Yeah, that helps me alot i quit mtg once in a while and then rejoin. That really helps keep the game fresh and also when all the news sets r released u might see something win fresh eyes that u havent noticed before. Just make sure not to sell your cards. :D

Z

Zadok001

I quit a long time ago (Ice Age), a rejoined during Stronghold, happily enough. :) It gave me a new perspective, and I'm about 400% as skilled as I was when I quit the game. You'll be back, trust me. I am, however, sorry to see you go. Good luck, may you find your way back! We'll still be here to welcome you.

Don't sell your cards. Not worth it. And feel free to stick around here and post in the Off Topic arenas!

L

Landkiller

I quit from Weatherlight to Urza's Saga, and I still get surprised by Rath cycle cards. Oh well. Good Luck and all!

O

orangejuice64

Yeah, I figured out why my interest died out...

It started about a month ago. I bought a Prophecy booster and found a denying wind in it, the only wind my brother didn't have. Well, when I got home (about 9:30 that night), my brother asked me what cards I had gotten, 'cuz I told him I was going to the shop. I rattled off what I got in the booster, and when I said "denying wind", he grabbed me and announced "WE ARE GOING TO TRADE IF YOU WANT TO LIVE THROUGH THE NIGHT!" Now, he is about 150 pounds heavier than me, so naturally, I went with him. He sifted through my cards and pulled out my Fountain Watch and Denying Wind. I didn't want to trade my fountain watch because of the combo I had (Fountain Watch + Diplomatic Immunity) And told him my wind was going to cost him dearly. After pulling his Circle of protection: Red, Blue, and Black, he proceeded to push a cr**py deal of 2 Library of lengs and a Circleof Protection: Red (2 uncommons and a common for 2 rares)By this time, It was 10:45 P.m., and He refused to accept any other deal. I finally agreed, not knowing that the libraries were uncommons instead of rares. Then, when I found out how I got ripped off, he refused to trade back. All trades since then have been just like it. So, I'm not quitting, and am currently working harder at building an all out, whomp 'em, stomp 'em deck. It's pretty good, and I have fueled the repression of magic.

Btw, Another reason, I found out, is the fact that unlike my brother, I can't buy a new deck every week and modify it with cards from my friends that I got for free. I had to boy, trade and sell my way to my current cards. He got them for free from his Veteran player friends, who build decks for him out of their old cards.

( Dang, this is a long post! :D )

K

K9Archmage

One of my brother's best friends used to play magic. He gave me about 2,000 cards for free, most of them no older than 5 edition. I might also get the whole set of ice age from him for free also! I just got very lucky.

K

K9Archmage

OOOPS! i had a typo in that last one! I ment that most of the cards WERE OLDER than fifth edition.

O

orangejuice64

O.J. Has returned!

It's been another crazy weekend here in Monroe. I assembeled 6 decks out of all my old cards, my prize decks being my green "Mana Chain" deck, and my white-blue "Inflatable" deck. I'd give you the play by play against my brother, but it would take too long. Let me sum it up in this Sentence:

O.J. vs. Brother

O.J. wins, 23-0. :D :D :D

With the mana chain deck,

O.J. vs. Younger Brother

O.J. wins, 29-0.

So I guess i'm playing again. :D

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry, OJ, your brother sounds like a jerk. 2 uncommons and 2 commons for 2 rares? And refusing to accept anything else? I know you guys are brothers and if he's in the habit of beating you up then there's not much you can do but...

You just didn't make him sound too good there.

O

orangejuice64

Yeah. He's a Jacka**. However, my room has a lock on the door, so I can taunt him through it, and escape through the window if he sets the house on fire. :D
I'm also getting about 200 cards today from my friend for free. The tables are turning. :D

[Edited by orangejuice64 on 11-07-00 at 08:55 AM]