I miss Legend of the Five Rings

N

Nightstalkers

It's still produced... so it should be still played.

Basically what happened to get me into it was that a bunch of guys invited me over, bought me a starter and 2 boosters, and went about showing me how to play. They even gave me some extra equipment cards, all of the strongholds for my clan, and asked me to come back.

I got two of my three free card boxes I now use to store M:TG cards in. I dunno, I just like the piccies and stuff on them better than the M:TG ones. Purple and black... I know, real masculine but it really helps me distinguish them for some reason.

Funny how things just kinda work out that way, doesn't it?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I never learned the game. I was always given the impression that you needed a big table to play on and that the games last a long time. Back in 1999/2000, when I used to play Magic a lot more (and when my town had a store where we could do so) the game seemed pretty popular and I knew a lot of people who preferred it to Magic.

N

Notepad

I have about 100-200 L5R cards sitting around. My bro and I always wanted to play, but I think I just barely had enough cards to put together two decks, and crappy ones at that. If I find them I might just offer them up for a minor trade or something.

Always seemed like a cool game. Just wish I could've played more than the first two games I did.

I

Istanbul

L5R is as it has always been:

A tiny, extremely devoted following plays it and always will.

T

TheCasualOblivion

I used to be one of them, until I became the last one I knew of.

I always found it the most fun game to play of all of them. Unlike MTG, strategy was more important than mathematics in L5R. Knowing how to play well was just as/more important than building a good deck(I was the master, I could win 5 games with my deck, trade decks with my opponent, then win 5 games with theirs against my deck). It was also much better from a collecting standpoint, since unique cards were limited by rule to 1 per deck. Most rares were unique, and most unique cards were rare.

I also miss being able to win tournaments with what we would consider a casual deck against tournament turbo speed decks built magic style. Just the way the game worked.

T

train

It was an interesting game... but I see it as limited in paly when compared to Magic - that's probably why it just didn't appeal to me so much...

T

TheCasualOblivion

I found it both more limited and more complicated. There were far less things you could do with a deck in L5R than you could do in Magic. On the other hand, in the course of a game, anything could happen and strategy and play skill was as important and even more important than your deck.