"I Heard a Rumour"

Killer Joe

No, not the dance hit from 1988 by Banarama. I heard a Planshift rumor. That there will be opposing mana producing "Taplands" (i.e., a land that can produce Red and Blue) and that the kicker theme will expand in that direction also.
I overheard this at my local shop (in the middle of a match, so I didn't get the cahnce to have it clarified), is there any truth to this?
EricBess, do YOU know?
Gizmo, 'Shirley' you would know the answer, righty-right?
If it's so, then I could cease to exsist and go to Heaven <Hopefully to meet Phil Foglio's Serra Angel :)>

R

Rando

I've been hoping beyond hope for years for some decent new oposing-color duels.

If there are any in the next set, I'll do back flips and cartwheels naked down Main Street Kansas City the day after the pre-release while singing the entire librato of "Micado".

Drunk, ofcoarse. I'll keep you posted for show times.

O

Ogg

Well, if you think what the set's supposed to be about... Rath phasing onto Dominaria... It seems like it's very possable.

Z

Zadok001

I don't think WotC would do that, much to my great dismay. CIPT lands that deal a damage to you as well, sure. That fits with their version of 'balanced.' But WotC seems to be leaning towards allied color decks, and I wouldn't be suprised if the entirety of the Invasion block follows this theme in one way or another.

(Gizmo: Sometimes there's accurate spoilers elsewhere. For example, if it comes from MtgNews with the source 'It fell from the sky,' it's almost always accurate. :) )

C

Captain Caveman

Tempest had the off color pain lands that come
into play tapped. I seems possible, that with the
"planeshifting" going on, it might be logical to
reprint these card.

I don't know but I think its possible.

E

EricBess

I haven't heard that particular rumor. They have printed opposing color multi-lands before, so it is entirely possible. However, I would expect to see some significant drawback.

I have also heard a rumor of 3-color lands to assist with the Dragons. There are a few people where I play that see that rumor and get all giddy, but they don't take into consideration that they could be something a silly as the Homelands lands that are mana converters.

Personally, I think the best approach is to ignore such rumors so you don't get your hopes up.