I HATE POKEMON : 2

N

NeuroDeus

Well lets begin... I am serious about these...

1) I want to know from you guys - Does WoTC prefer doing Pokemon or Magic? Will there be one day when Magic will be blacklisted (ex. Dune, NetRunner) because of the colossal *sick* Pokemon TCG

2) Are we aware that MAYBE Pokemon is now top TCG and Magic is second...

3) Kids should be playing Magic. Not Pokemon. Here 11 and 12 start with pokemon when 2 yrs ago they started with Magic.

4) Pokemon is getting to much feedback and backup and adverts and films and souvineirs and toys and posters and (more ands?)

5) I'm so thumped angry with Pokemon... Our store managers are super top extra Mtgers. They are spending 75% promoting Pokemon **** at our Capital City, giving free Stikky (Shi*ty) cards, Poke Vouchers and Poke Ads, 10% preparing for X-Men and the rest... A lousy 15% for Magic. God! They aren't preparing for Invasion...We are not even discussing Invasion... NO POKEMON...

[Edited by TomB on August 17th, 2000 at 08:07 PM]

C

caesar

1) In my humble opinion, I think WotC cares more about Pokemon seeing how its the number 1 TCG.
2) Yes it is the number 1 TCG.
3) They should but thats WotC's master plan. Now the kids are addicted to TCG's. When Pokemon loses it's popularity they start playing Magic.
4)Honestly I'd have to say to much of everything.
5)I strongly agree.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
1. Have no idea. But it makes money and they're a company so you can put two and two together...

2. I could see it being number one.

3. Uhh... why?

4. Uhh... so? It also has a wider license than Magic and is in the position that the card game was not the first "product" that introduced the concept.

5. Umm... oookaaay. Again, it's a money thing. If it's making more money, I'd certainly promote it more in my store. If Magic is lagging, that's more WOTC's fault than Pokemon, and maybe people have to face the fact that Magic is getting old.

N

Neo_Keo

1) WOTC deffinetly wants to get all the cash out of this Poke mania as long as they can.
2) Sad as it is Pokemon is #1. I pray every time I open a new Inquest it would not be there.
3) I think I might know why. One day a kid came into my shop and he was carrying Pokemon cards. Naturaly the Fanatic at magic I am I ask why he doesn't play Magic. He says the pictures are too SCARY.
4) It is getting way too much feedback ( they have their own car for crying out loud )
5) maybe Magic probably is getting old, I think WoTC should listen to the Magic community more and use our feedbacks too see whats wrong.

N

nanokill

the WOTC does care more about pokemon because it is the top tcg, but most people i know get tired of it and the more advanced players switch to magic after awile. It basically is magic for 2 YEAR OLDS.

D

dw51688

Pokemon is less sophisticated than magic, but i don't like to criticize so i don't care what people think i just encourage them to sell their cards and trade them in for MAGIC!

D

dw51688

LONG LIVE MAGIC, I think i posted enough. Sorry, i should have posted it all at once. SORRY. :(

P

Plaguelord

Products aimed at little kids are getting too cutesy these days. For several years I would see a lot of kids playing magic (I've only been playing just over a year now) but now all I see is pokemon, pokemon, pokemon...I asked one kid why he played pokemon instead of magic and he said that the names on pokemon cards were cooler...now tell me if I'm wrong but I would rather be pummeling my opponent with a Dauthi Slayer or a two headed dragon instead of a bulbasaur or jigglypuff. I think most rationally thinking human beings will agree with me on this...

C

Cateran Emperor

Ya can't beat the coolness of a German Squirtle

Go SCHIGGY!!!!!!!!! :D

S

Sleepy

but i don't care if somone plays it. as long as i dont have too...

A

Almindhra

Uh, um...Don't hit me but....

I saw the Pokemon 2 Movie...........

Twice...With my boyfriend...*runs and hides in the corner*...

[ I should check my spelling more often ]

[Edited by Almindhra on September 6th, 2000 at 10:25 AM]

N

Neo_Keo

.............. is good and the Video games too but he popularity of Pokemon. Wait this just dawned on me.

Little kids play pokemon because their cute and where/how do they get their money. Their parents of course. If anybody want to object to this show me a 6year old with a bigg wallet :)

Either that or all of them probably fantasize about being Pokemon trainers. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ............... SHIVAN DRAGON I CHOOSE YOU ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh run for it :D

P

Phyrexian Pie-Eater

Emperor, is that really the German name for squirtal? If so I don't see how the german's can keep from laughing all the time. I just think of that name and smile cuz its so funny.

Almindhra: It's ok, you just bought into some thing stupid. we all do it. Who still has their pogs? I do. Those things were the bomb. By the way did you mean "don't hit ME but...?"

Finaly, I like pokemon. They make good pies. The cards suck, but if you've ever had a alakazam pie, ohh man. Those are the best. Pokepie for everyone.

A

arhar

Squirtle! Squirtle-squirtle!
Pika-pika! Pi-ka-chu!

Those were the only sounds that were heard for more than a half-an-hour from some college dorm room in some college... besides the smell of illegal substances.

C

Cateran Emperor

Yes, that IS the German name for Squirtle, quite seriously.

D

Darsh

Or it could be illegal operations involving illegal substances!