3:snuff out

land:
15:land
eat bog

any help will be apresiative thanks

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Sticking your tongue out at us is probably not the best way to ask for help!

Seriously though, why is everything onesy-twosey except the Snuff Out? Is that the number of these cards you have, or is it just that you like 'em all and can't decide what to keep?

Skittering creatures are good if you don't have many other creatures in there, and can be used well with Parallax Dementia. The Order is great, but expensive. I'd lose the Dogs, Fiend, and Shambler just on principle, as these are generally considered weak constructed creatures. Bog Smuggler too, unless your play group is heavy into Black.

I think you need to decide if you want a faster deck, a Merc deck, or a Discard deck. If your looking for speed, go with the skittering creatures, more Undertakers, and more creatures like Spineless Thug and Hidden Horror, along with some pump-ups. For Mercs you'd need more Mercs (obviously). Try to keep them to a decent mana curve though, so you won't have as many problems using them to recruit. To profile it for Discard is fairly obvious too, as you'll need to add several spells like Duress and maybe Mind Swords too.

In terms of spells, I've another question or two. Maggot Therapy is dual functional - you can use it to pump your own guys, and you can use it as elim (sort of), but I think you'd be better served by Seal of Doom and Vicious Hunger. Corrupt comes to mind too, as a way to gain life while you're taking it from your opponent. I wouldn't run more than a couple though, due to the casting cost. More Bog Witches would help with that.

And why 2 Rain of Tears? Experience has taught me that if you're going to do landkill, DO LANDKILL! Either go whole hog, or eat chicken, but don't just sample the bacon. While there are times it'll be helpful, those times will be outnumbered by the times when you really need something - anything - else. Same goes for the Befoul, IMHO.

Try to narrow things down a bit, and gain some focus here. You might lose a little versatility by doing so but your deck will play a lot more consistently and powerfully. That's usually the key to any good deck.

TomB
CPA Member

D

Duel

Alright, I want to reinforce one of the previous comments: of all the problems inflicting new magic players, the lack of repeat cards is a crushing blow to most decks. People need more commons. I think there is probably some store that seels cheap commons near you, go there and collect (hint: don't look at the really big stores, the family-owned ones have the commons.) It might even be worthwhjile to trade off a couple rares to get four of the cards you need.