I dare you...CPA style!

F

FoundationOfRancor

Ok, a friend of mine mentioned a game of some sorts over at mtgnews called "I dare you." To begin this game, the host gave a card name. Then, within a weeks time, posters would try to make an interesting card that fit the card name. Obviously, the Host would pick a winner at the end. I thought this was a sweet idea, and I think we should try it out at the cpa. However, I think we should go one step further. Instead of a card name to base your card on, I'm going to give a card idea, and see what we come up with.
I cant promise exact game intervals of one week, but I can come pretty close.

So lets start. Use cycling in an creative, interesting way.

...I DARE you!

I

Istanbul

Mental Voyage UB
Enchantment
All players play with their hands face-up.
All cards in all players' hands have 'Cycling: 2'.
Whenever a card is put into a player's graveyard, that player loses 1 life.
If you don't like the weather in Dominaria, wait five minutes.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Abnegation
2U
Enchantment
Whenever you would draw a card, reveal it. If it has cycling, discard it.
U, Remove a card in your graveyard with cycling from the game: Draw two cards.
The simple refusal of the mage to meet or even acknowledge expectations was greeted with interest, accepted as unorthodox, then condemned as heresy and eventually ignored.

fuzzy: Nice card.

The ideas should probably either be a little less broad in the future, or broad in a less "obvious" way.
In terms of what is meant by "obvious", take this example:
Cycling is "obvious," in that it's obvious to classify cards that deal with cycling as having that as a common bond, whereas a clue like "Make an interesting and creative card that deals with the library.", which would prompt totally and completely different responses to different people and bring out different styles of card making.

I hope I made sense...

F

fuzzy510

I just haven't finished my card yet. I was just saying, as most people do in the other games, that I was playing.

F

FoundationOfRancor

This is going good guys, I like the cards so far. It's been awhile, but it seems like everyone hasnt submitted their card yet, so Im gonna wait another week. Heres mine:

Blah
R
Instant
Cycling: 3RRR
~this~ deals 1 damage to target creature or player. That creature may not regenerate this turn.
When ~this~ is cycled into a graveyard, you may deal 6 damage to target creature or player.

Blah...Again!
1W
Instant
Cycling: Sacrifice a Land
Return two target land cards from your graveyard into play under your control, tapped.

Cycling has always caught my attention....I like to see *interesting* cards with it.

K

KaVu_LoRd

Heres my go

Black hole 2B
Instant
Cycling: discard a card from your hand.
discard 2 cards from your hand during your upkeep to return this card to your hand.
Destroy target permanent if it has a color. sacrafice a land other than a swamp as an additional cost to black hole.

M

MrXarvox

Banging-of-head-against-wall-for-educational-purposes 2U
Enchantment
All cards in your hand gain "cycling: pay 2 life"
"ow! ow! ow!... ooh, the pretty colors...."

P

Pezmeister

squee's attempt - ru
instant

cycling: 0

draw two cards, then discard a card.

if ~this~ goes to the graveyard, ~this~ deals you 2 damage and is returned to your hand at the end of the turn.

no one was sure what squee was doing in ertai's lab, but everyone knew that squee would be the first to try out his creation

F

FoundationOfRancor

Pezmeister, I suggest you change the cycling cost on your card. The way it is, the cost to discard it and draw a card....is drawing a card.

P

Pezmeister

funny how i did that right before you posted, isn't it...

oh well. i thought that up at about 1:30 in the morning, so it wasn't quite the mechanic i wanted, but made sense at the time

F

FoundationOfRancor

Oh, ok! Thats better!

Well, I guess Ill keep this open a little bit longer just in case anyone has or gets anymore ideas.

Maybe another week.

C

Captain Caveman

Card Title: Cyclatron
Color: n/a
Type: Artifact Creature
Cost: 3
Pow/Tgh:2/2
Card Text: Cycling 2
Discard a card: Put a +1+1 counter on Cyclatron. Use this ability
only once each turn.

L

Loafing Giant

Nuclear Oven Keeper
2GRR
Creature-Oven Keeper
Cycling: 4 colorless and 4 life
If Nuclear Oven Keeper was Cycled this turn all damage is doubled
At the end of your turn, return Nuclear Oven Keeper to your hand

2G, tap: All creatures you control get +4/+4 til end of turn
3/5
Burnin', Burnin', Burnin'....... Keep that Fire Burnin!!

D

DÛke

Psychoanalysis (4UB)
Instant
Cycling: Remove the top card of your library from the game.
Buyback: Remove the top 4 cards of your library from the game.
Kicker: Remove the top card of your library from the game.
If you control Islands and Swamps, you may remove the top 4 cards of your library from the game instead of paying Psychoanalysis' mana cost.
Remove the top 3 cards of target player's library from the game.
For each White card removed this way, you gain 2 life.
For each Blue card remove this way, tap target artifact, creature or land.
For each Black card removed this way, target player loses 1 life.
For each Red card removed this way, deal 1 damage to target creature.
For each Green card removed this way, you may add one mana of anyone color to your mana pool.
If you paid the Kicker cost, Psychoanalysis' mana cost is decreased by 1 permanently.
"Once I get into your mind, I will use no more than the tools you offer me to, not only harm you, but completely eradicate you. Such process will take time, and some personal loss on my part, however, nothing will stop me from obtaining the pleasure of seeing you suffer under my hands, and my will..." -- DÛke.