I am new member

R

Ristik

Hey, I'm a new joiner as of late... exactly what goes on here? Are there online events (IRC or otherwise)? Are there like chapters at stores like Neutral Ground or Your Move Games? Can anyone get me discounts on cards?

R

Ristik

and how can I get one of them red titles, such as "Greater Good Fanatic" or "Wallcrawler"?

N

nanokill

We take about magic. what more do you need? :D
I don't know about discount cards but there is a trading section here you should check out.

you should like it here we are just your typical deranged( laughs maniaclly "Bwahahahahahah"):D sick and sadicsticly twisted (j/k):)average magic players.

N

nanokill

see the little pm box on your screen after a post look on your site or another new members and private message a guy called Zadok001 (warning watch out for his speech) with a request for a nickname.

C

Cateran Emperor

I will not do the nickname speech, as that is Zadok's honor. But we do have a Type Random Tournament coming up, and there is a forum on that, so feel free to go find out about it.

As for what goes on here, we have everything from voting on Magic related issues, to serious rants, to Casual decks (and the occasional requested tournament deck assistance for some of our more serious players such as Gizmo our resident annoying Pro guy :p ).

In addition, we have occasional (daily) MASSIVE flame wars in the battle arena and some members who don't really post anywhere else except occasionally ( Jaws, our resident instigator of battles ;) ). Go there only if you are truly insane, but then you must be to join us :D

And finally, to truly join the CPA, go check out the Off Topic forum's legendary post on Pie, by Istanbul. We've never been the same since :D The Off topic forum is for our group to discuss non-Magic things (though it usually finds its way in)

Anyway, that's us in a nutshell, so enjoy your stay :)

Z

Zadok001

Online, and ready to go... :) Welcome aboard! About buying cards, we _are_ hosted by a Magic card company, http://www.magic-singles.com will get your straight to their site. I _think_ there's something there to do with CPA members, but I'm not sure, not being one to buy cards online very often... You might want to try PMing or emailing Chuck (screenname Chasden). He'll tell you everything you want to know.

We don't have specific chapters, no. Don't I wish. We don't really have that many active members, and they're spread out all across the country/world. So it's not very common to see two in the same city, unless one introduced the other to the CPA (i.e., myself and Duel).

Hmm... Seeing as you already got your nickname from me, I shall refrain from nickname speech part 1, but you'll get part 2... Trust me. :)

N

Neo_Keo

........... this is a great place . I think I said that about a hundred times already. oh well have fun

A

arhar

Hello!

Our first online tournament starts this Saturday, which is Tomorrow! Wait a minute.... (looks at the watch) TODAY!

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Umm, on the card thing, go here instead to see the page with the CPA-only deal Chasden's offering: http://www.magic-singles.com/cpa/buycards.php

And as an FYI, the tourney going on later today is only a test tournament we're setting up to coordinate things. You'll need Apprentice to participate (available for downloading for free at http://www.dragonstudios.com/ ), and the instructions for the chatroom we're using to organize things are on the Main Page here.

Have fun! :D

P

Phyrexian Pie-Eater

Ahh must be the new arival. Welcome to CPA Island(any1 get that).

::runs over, kicks cat. emperor in the kneecap, grabs his oven back, and runs like hell.::

Sorry, I had to do it while he was around. hope you have fu...::trails off due to running::

A

Apollo

Welcome! Everything's pretty much been covered, so I'll go away now.

C

Cateran Emperor

[borrows Orgg's rock and flings it at Pie-Eater's head, then grabs oven and runs in other direction]

Thanks Orgg, free pie for your trouble!

[Tosses Orgg a dozen fresh pies]

Oops, wrong place.

[runs back into Battle Arena...]

D

Dark Horse

I have no large rock, like Orgg, but I do have moggkind on my side. And on behalf of said moggs, I wish thee a fond hello.

T

theorgg

Welcome! hope to see you around more--Your name looks familiar...

[me] scrounges around in his breechcloth and finds three fingers that somhow got remooved from the Cataran when he reached into my breechcloth[/me]

[me] nibbles on one and discards the tastless things[/me]