I am back, not sure if i'm staying

D

Doombringer

Well, I have returned.
I was just talking to another magic playing friend on MSN (nwadams) when I suddenly remembered this site, and told him about it. I decided I'd try to get back into posting here. I'm not sure if I'll stay around for any length of time, but I might just get sucked into these calm, leisurely forums again.

Who remembers me?

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I do and remember that you have a library book checked out.

OWN UP THE LATE FEES!!!!!!!!!!!

*Oversoul knocks Ransac out.*

Ransac, cpa trash man

D

Doombringer

*Doombringer quietly tiptoes over to Ransac, and places the Playboy magazine he borrowed from him onto his unconcious chest. Then Doombringer heads over to the CPA library and returns his overdue book on the nuclear physics of donkeys.*

D

Doombringer

I had a bunch of expensive cards and decks stolen, it kind of put me off of magic for a while. I got back into playing relatively recently, I completely missed and ninth edition though.

O

orgg

Tha'll do it. Theft Sucks.

Y'know, only through ignorance is Magic Online cards stolen... Might be an option.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
orgg said:
Y'know, only through ignorance is Magic Online cards stolen... Might be an option.
That is one benefit to online play that I hadn't really given much thought. I've had a couple of disappearing cards I was suspicious about, but only one time that I was sure was theft, and it was a crappy white control deck back in 1998/1999--an unfortunate loss, but nothing that would be too terribly difficult to replace now if I were so inclined.

D

Doombringer

well, problem was, I lost some really expensive stuff; a box with a really good spirit deck(black CK dragon, white and black myojins) a snake deck, and my Champions rares and uncommons. In another incident I was raided of a pretty good fifth dawn five colour deck with all but one of that cycle of super creatures.

Nowadays I've smartened up, bringing only a deck or two to school at one time, and always keeping them in my pocket if I go to the bathroom or anything.

E

evan d

MY tip for this, if you can, do football. I had never doen a sport before in my life and I was able to. Never sell your self short. There is a freshman at my school who is under 100 pounds and was still able to get soem varsity play time. NO one will give (^^%)&*% to a guy doing football, cept maybe Varsity football guys, who wouldn't care about Mtg anyway.

Football and debate are 2 really good things for you in life.

D

Doombringer

I've done Debate before, back in grade seven, but up here in the frigid wastelands of Canada, football aint that big. Pads are for wussies, rugby is where its at. And football is too stoppy starty for me, QB throws the ball, guy catches it, gets tackled, play stops. Everyone gets in a line, and the process repeats. I'd rather get into rugby than football, but i'm not likely to get into either, because i'm not organised enough to go to practices, or willing to put in the time needed to get good at the game.