I am a cad

K

krichaiushii

After reading through many of the posts here in the new members board, I realized that I had made a rude error. I made my debut on the deck board instead of here. Though belated, here is my introduction.

I have been playing since the day Legends hit the stores, and regret only having bought 2 boosters (I bought lots of land that day, though. It seemed to be useful). Since then I have played and collected steadily through every set, though some more than others.

In that time, I have gotten my own DCI number and have fared rather poorly with the exception of a few booster drafts. As can be imagined, constructed dueling is not my strength. Typeless Multiplayer Chaos games are where I thrive, as my posted decks can attest.

That being said, I often find havoc for its own sake a preferred strategy over victory in and of itself. Especially when playing red... ;) Playing new cards that look cool and 5 card combos are another victory condition, as far as I'm concerned. People scoff, but I enjoy myself.

I have no preferred color nor deck type, though lately green and black have been more prominent in my stable of decks than the other colors -- and stall/control decks will draw fire from me for the entirety of the night, even if that player changes decks. Unless I just dig out Deckbreaker, then that player quits. ;)

I hail from the Beyond Dominia mills, where I post under the same name. I heard about CPA from Meridian Magic, and am happy to have found the site. Though I don't always agree with the advice given, nor do I always take it, the fact that intelligent reasons are provided for suggested card changes puts this site far above certain others where the responses jump between "thise dek sux" and postings of the latest deck to win something big on the pro tour.

Lastly, I am a tad long-winded.

F

FoundationOfRancor

Where did you get your name? Or was it just a spasmatic jerk of your hand across the keyboard:)

T

theorgg

Welcome, [me] sneezes[/me]. Did I pernouce that right?

Long windedness is somthing theese boards appriciate as long as it's coherent, as yours is. I don't usually post in the deck section, but I look forward to your posts in the Offtopic area nad the General area.

sic semper,

K

krichaiushii

To answer your question about my name, I will couch it in story form, as I have all night. ;)

I was in Korea last year trying to think up a good screenname, one that is anonymous, yet had no numbers attached. Having recently read a book on American Indian totems (somewhat like the more familiar Zodiac), I had found that my totem was the wolf (much cooler than the fish that are Pisces -- wolves also make for better tattoos than do fish). So I decided on some variation of wolf for my xoommail account.

Wolf was taken in the following languages:
English
German
Spanish
French
Latin

So I figured I would get tricky, and turned to a coworker, who is married to a Russian (and speaks Russian fluently) and asked him for the Russian word for "wolf".

It was taken.

After cursing loudly, I asked him for "Howling Wolf". "Krichaiushii Volke" he said. The account would only accept krichaiushii (to many characters for the rest, I presume), so "howling" I have become.

And so I shall remain.

M

manchot_13

i am the french for penguin (or one legged cripple)

even though that wasn't taken i decided to tak on 13, my fav number, for kix

hence the new

Manchot the Thirteenth: Twisted Time Mage

A

Apollo

Hey, I just realized I never posted here when I joined.

I'm a 15 year-old kid, though sometimes I may be a bird, depending on when you're talking to me. I play Magic, though not as much as I used to due to my friends losing interest in it.

I am named after my pet bird (thus the phoenix) who is named after the space shuttles, which are named after a god. I am very proud of my lineage.

A

arhar

Hehehe

I would rather translate "howling" as "voyuschii", but whatever works I guess :)

X

XDanish

Hey bro....I guess here's your official welcome to the CPA...WELCOME!!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Hey, welcome... I think you were doing fine on the other boards but if this will assuage your guilt... :)