Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Only in moderation.

• Only in the right deck.

• Total voters
T

Turtlewax Joe

I like Hunted Wumpus. It's a good card In my opinion.

What do you think of it?

T.J.:p

I

Istanbul

It depends less on the deck you're playing than on the deck your opponent is playing.

The question is: will your opponent be likely to benefit more from dropping his highest casting-cost creature in hand for free at instant speed than you will from a 6/6 phattie at 4 mana?

If the answer is no, he's great.
If the answer is yes, he's not.

T

terzarima

Well.... I say in the right deck, against certain decks. Some guy played it third turn, and I dropped down an avatar :)

T

Turtlewax Joe

The reason I didn't put in "Depends on the deck you are AGAINST" is bacause it doesn't matter! It matters if your deck can deal with the threat they lay down. The only problem is morphling! If you Wumpus and in response some how they tutor for morphling or use a dig spell to put it nto their hand and drop it because of the wumpus. This happends with every deck that plays Morphling.

The trick is (with my deck 'El Camino' anyways) is to cast potential threats and use all their mana up to counter my stuff so that they're tapped out and cast another spell to check for force of will. Then Sword the hell out of Morphling.

So in my eyes I see The Wumpus as good depending on the deck it's in not the deck it's against.

K

krichaiushii

Though, my idea of moderation is 4... ;)

I like a wumpus in chaos games - its bound to shift alliances across the board. The guy who was mana-screwed now likes you, and the blue mage is pissed 'cuz of all the ugliness that slips past his evil counterspells.

That being said, having a cure for what your opponents play from the wumpus is a good idea. I'm currently of the Steam Blast/Pyroclasm/Aether Flash mindset - you'd be amazed at how some people refuse to play big creatures. Too bad for them...

T

Turtlewax Joe

it's the friggin' stuff in Muti-player, but could I get some advice on an Extended point of view taking the current meat-game into perspective/ I know it's not the power-house it is inmulti but i like it personally.

NEone else?

U

Urza(Yes I Like Men)

It's too easy to kill and if they're playing morphling it's pretty much game for you. Not to mention the fact that the decks that don't play the big creatures usually have counter magic and that guy would never come in... it might have potential but i think it does have to do with your opponents deck. Have you seen the verdant force decks? Imagine giving your opponent that guy 4th turn...