How much do you love Nephilims?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
depolarization said:
Yore-Tiller is nice. Too bad emtomb is banned in nearly all formats...
So use Buried Alive. :D

Elves and spikes against goblins an minotaurs, eh? I guess it could be a two-headed giant match or something. Not sure who would win...

L

Limited

Oversoul said:
Elves and spikes against goblins an minotaurs, eh? I guess it could be a two-headed giant match or something. Not sure who would win...
My money is on Elves & Spikes..

Do we want to try it out? Play a 2HG game on the forum?

D

DarthFerret

I gave a shout out on the games run forum....I can play either of the Green, dont really have the makings for either of the red (my weakest color when it comes to creatures....)

F

Force of Will Smith

i think nephilims are great.. and easy to use..
just splash a few in a sunburst deck... although its debatable whether theyre better than a 3 5/5 flying skyreach manta or a turn 3 bringer.

L

Limited

A little story i wanted to share with all of you:

Today, we drafted Guildpact. A lot of Guildpact. The problem with drafting a lot is that you reach a certain point where you just don't anymore about how good your deck is going to be but you want to play goofy stuf like, say, Nephilims.

A friend of mine set as his personal goal to get one of his Nephilims (Ink-Treader and Yore Tiller) into play and picked a lot of signets and an Aetherplasm.

I'm playing Gruul in the most ridiculous way (i'll post that somewhere else in a minute) and was one attack away of winning, when he played the Aetherplasm (for those of you haven't memorized the cards ever since the spoiler: A 1/1 for 2UU which may returned to your hand if announced as blocker. If you do, you may put a creature from your hand into play in its place (so, blocking the same creature))

I am Gruul, so I don't give it a second thought and attack all out. my two 3/3 Tramplers will surely win the day, but I sent in my two 1/1's as well. He blocks a 3/3 and returns the plasm to his hand to play the Ink-Treader Nephilim.

Seeing as had accomplished what he set out to do, it was now time to finish him, so I played Wildsize (Target creature gets +2/+2 and trample. Draw a card) on the Nephilim, and it copies it to all my creatures.

This is when I realized we don't draft (or play) like normal people do...