How likely are you to play Arcbound?

How likely are you to play the new Arcbound mechanic?

• I'm building a whole deck dedicated to it!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'll put a lot in an artifact-heavy deck.

• I'll use a few in various decks.

• Maybe I'll play one or two.

• Get this trash away from me!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
T

train

Arcbound isn't so strong in 2 - it just doesn't have all the necessary speed...

and is extremely susceptible unless they all become indestructible...

by the way - all indestructible means - is that they should have left bury in the game...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
SeFRo: You know it's Rooser, not Rooster. No relation to the hen family (as far as I know :) )

train: Isn't "bury" still a destroy effect, you just can't regenerate it? If so, that wouldn't help indestructible...

N

Notepad

Spidey~ No, there's a T there. Invisible, but I am able to see it with the powers I gained while visiting the future. ;)

train~ Spidey's right that bury is now just destroy w/o regen. If it was still around as a keyword, though, I'll bet you a big pitcher of poisoned Kool-Aide that it would be right there on the reminder text of things that cannot kill indestructible cards.

T

train

I remember bury before they defined it as "destroy" without regeneration...

Simply put it was - the creature is placed in the graveyard and can't be regenerated...

It was similar to sacrifice - but sacrifice had speed/cost tied into it...

so after the rules clarifications I guess bury wouldn't work - but the old way it would... I think...

T

train

I'll concede this one... as it was just an explanation to me when judging...

"But bury sounds cooler...";)

N

Notepad

I think it was lost in order to give the game a more "family friendly" feeling. That, and to keep the Nutso-Super-Christians (tm) off WotC's back. If they flamed Pokemon for Psyduck using "an evil HEADACHE curse from SATAN!!!" then I'm sure they caught a lot of flak on Magic for "ACTUALLY BURYING MONSTERS IN A GRAVEYARD!!!"

Ah, semantics...

M

MagicMan

Well, let's see. Seeing I packed it when the set first came out and then traded it away thinking it was junk, I have no chance of playing it as I own none of them right now...But my friend has 6 of them...*goes to his friends' house with a crowbar in hand...hehehehehe

N

Notepad

Ah, bummer man! May luck smile upon you again when opening packs. Or, when going to assault your buddy! ;)