How does everyone play?

C

Cateran Emperor

I play anything but tournament play, though I used to with Tempest and Urza's (god, Tempest had far more anti Urza cards than Masques did, hence the reason I stopped ;) ) I'm probably going to start again with Invasion though, as it will hopefully go back to anything being playable in tournaments (please oh please)

H

Hellion

Well, I play Type 1, 2 but seldom Extended because all those combo-ish decks get to me. The only few Extended decks I can play without bursting my wallet is Sligh or White Weenie.

I do play Type 2 tourney standard decks once a while to get a feel of them and later, disect them for analysis. I play Type 1 because Dark Ritual isn't banned there. Although I don't own the P9 (I don't care for them even), I still have a blast building really nifty Type 1 decks.

I do play casual decks but the problem here is that the casual decks I build are old school Magic decks, meaning that in fact they are meant to be casual, they still have tourney qualities in them.

I don't really play multiplayer because all my decks are meant for duels only. I also play illegal Type 1 decks that feature 4 Strip Mines or 4 Crop Rotations, however, that's just for the fun factor only and not to show off that I have these cards. It's pretty amazing that what a Ponza deck can do in Type 1.....

Well, that enough ranting from me.......

M

mogg bomber

I draft. Alot. Usually at least twice a week. I used to play casual games all the time, but most of my friends quit magic, and since I graduated high school it's hard to find people to teach(I don't know anyone at the college I'm going to that plays magic.) But I do know the regulars at the local store, and play casual games against them before the drafts start. As for my play style, my favorite color is red, and I almost always play aggressive decks(sligh, stompy, rebels, etc).

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I LIKE to play all types, multiplayer, duels, Type whatever, but end up really playing just duels. I would like local tourney play too but never have enough time to get going and get a deck together and test it... I like building off-the-wall decks too, or themish or whatever (mainly because also I don't have 4 of every tourney card nor have the time to get them, but I'd probably build the fun decks anyway. Gotta use those cards that would otherwise gather dust!).

O

Ogg

OGG PLAYS ANY DECK HE CAN THINK UP THAT IS FUN. IT DOESN'T HAVE TO WIN, JUST BE FUN. OGG EVEN CONSIDERED BUILDING DECKS THAT HAVE INTERNET BASE! BUT THAT TOO UNIFORM. OGG NOT CONFORMIST! OGG GO OTHER WAY. USUALLY INTO BRICK WALL, BUT OGG GO OTHER WAY!!!!!

A

arhar

Obviously, Namielus is Zadok's ALTER EGO!

Green Fatties ===> Black Fat.

Verdant Force ===> Sengir Vampire.

Stolichnaya Vodka ===> Bass Beer.

Pardon me, I'm really drunk by now.

So my postts (putz?) by now don't make any sense.

Kids, don't go to college.

Or else you'll be like ME.

Drunk every night of the week.

College is BAD.

Black fat is GOOD.

Greater Good is even better.

But morning hangover WILL SUCK tomorrow.

I hate tomorrows.

Later everyone!

S

Sleepy

whatever you say. me, I play with some type 1 cards with my friends but since we dont do the turney thing we dont rreally pay attention to types. I'd say we're pretty casual.

O

orangejuice64

Have you guys heard of fast play? It is the exact opposite of tournament play. I like to play multiplayer, preferrably with 5 or more people, but that usually doesn't happen.

S

SwingMage

Multiuplayer all the way!
Usually type anything goes or type 2. I play in casual tournaments who always get won by this freak who plays dojo decks. :( oh well.

The only official tournies I got to are pre-releases

D

Darsh

Down with Dojodecks! Down with Dojodecks!
Multiplayer all the way!

G

Gerode

Almost entirely multiplayer. In 3 years I have gone to exactly 1 T2 toruney (JSS Qualifier this year), 1 Sealed deck (Urza's Saga at a local store), and 1 Booster Draft (Masques Block). I was in two weekly multiplayer groups of 10-20 players, only in one currently. We mostly play either Teams or Chaos.

D

dw51688

I play R/U counterburn, duel, counterburn! I am a casualplayer.