How do you abuse Sensei's Diving Top?

Killer Joe

Sensei's Divining Top

I have this in my Art-Blue Deck and it works great to find stuff but I tought I remembered that players would abuse and therefore made it really strong. It had to with the stacking of the activated ablities but I can't remember. Anyone remember how it worked?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I don't remember either. I did a quick search on Wizards and the top article that came up was having it work with Counterbalance or with a "miracle", but not sure which miracle card he was talking about.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
CounterTop used to be all the rage in Legacy. There are a few other ways to exploit the card, but I can't remember most of them off the top of my head right now, but I'm really tired. Counterbalance was always the big one anyway, at least for tournament play. There were also Helm of Awakening hijinks of a few varieties, but I don't think those combos were ever really popular. There was a Vintage deck called "Sensei, Sensei." I don't remember how well it did at its peak, but it did exist.

Shabbaman

insert avatar here
I don't remember either. I did a quick search on Wizards and the top article that came up was having it work with Counterbalance or with a "miracle", but not sure which miracle card he was talking about.
"Miracle" is a keyword (more like reminder text) from Avacyn Restored: you may cast this card for its miracle cost when you draw it if it's the first card you drew this turn

It's on these cards. http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?text= [miracle]

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
LOL. I did a search on Gatherer for "Miracle" and couldn't find any cards with it in their name and was wondering what the heck the author was talking about :D