How can you justify this?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, it's pretty bad. My gut response is to just flat-out hunt down the terrorists and show no mercy, but I'm not sure that will stop further hostage takings and whatnot.

L

Lotus Mox

You could ask rakso, he might know more than we do?

But yeah it's pretty barbaric, it could've been worse than just beheading though. :(

M

Mikeymike

As much as the brutality bothers me, what disturbs me even more is that this was done in the name of Islam. Sick bastards exist in the world and there is nothing to do to stop them, but it just astounds me that people actually believe that their 'just' God condone's such acts of atrocity. These extremists have turned Jihad into a curse word.

I wish I remember the quote from the movie Dogma, but it has something to do with peoples beliefs are the most dangerous thing of all. They are ideas that become polluted by principle and give people what they feel is something worth dying for.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Unfortunately, religion is known in bringing out the beast in some of us... or committing acts in the name of...

T

train

I know my other post was about Iraq, but we should run over these people too!!!

Give me a few more reasons not to hunt these people down... hummmmm, more decapitated heads... that's good enough - get em W!

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

If you think this kind of action is so horrible, why would you want to create more of it?

Ferret

Staff member
If you are frequent reader of The Onion you might have noticed a bit they did after 9-11 showing God standing before a group of people stating "What part of THOU SHALT NOT KILL do you not understand? I wrote it in stone so it would be easy to use. If you're going through The Bible, Koran, Davey & Goliath go to the Planned Parenthood clinic" and think there is something in there saying that I justify this, you're WRONG"

I think this pretty much sums it up...

-Ferret

"....of course, I also like the idea of an eye for an eye..."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I remember that story. That and another like "Terrorists find out afterlast is not all virgins" or something were pretty funny... :)