How are you guys with less than 30% lands

T

train

There's no guarantee that you know the next two cards will be lands
iF YOU DID KNOW - THEN YOU COULD BE SHUFFLING PERFECTLY OR YOU'RE CHEATING...

sorry bout the all caps... middle of work and all...:eek:

T

train

I know one person that can shuffle well... but he still never knows what's coming - as it should be...;)

T

Turtlewax Joe

I run 10 lands

I also play stompy :p, If the Deck is mono color and in MY deckbox, it means it's aggro and will run between 16 and 20 land. If it's anything else, I run 24 unless I'm running Wall of Roots and Elves.

It IS all about the mana-curve (and better shuffling in some cases). And other times it can be about color issues.

Good Luck and Happy Gaming

T

train

Mana curve and shuffling...

We need a mana curve and shuffling master to teach us the ways of cheating.:eek: :cool: ;)

T

Turtlewax Joe

You mean you don't know how to mana-weave? Tisk Tisk. If you're good at it, it should look like your table shuffling, then make 1 riffle shuffle to make it look not so suspitious.

your table shuffle should be 6 piles, after every 2 spells you put down in each pile you should lay down a land. Depending on how good your riffle shuffle is it shouldn't mess up your land distribution too badly.

next we have a mana curve... here is a sample:

1cc- 16
2cc- 12
3cc- 4
4cc- 4

Now for instance, let's say this is a 2 color deck. We have a a good mana curve that should allow us to run smoothly on 24 land. But as always, bad luck can play apart, and is to blame most of the time if your gat mana ****ed (mana-weaving can fix this if you don;t mind scheating). But don't cheat because it's not cool.

T

train

I'm assuming with so many 1cc and 2cc - this is a weenie deck???

and as for the shuffling... you have to riffle shuffle at least 3 times... unless the rules have changed... so it does mess with your distribution... 1x stacks it if a proper shuffle... 2x puts it off by 1 card and 3 times can restack it...:rolleyes:

T

train

Man - Do I know decks or what!...:p

Thanks Spidey - I didn't look back that far...:eek: ;)