How about "Midnight Man"...

D

DÛke

Currently, I'm working with a very talented vocalist, Eric Remington. He's probably one of the most influential guitar players and vocalist of Acid Planet, and just in the music industry as a whole. I've been composing this song that needed English vocals for sure, we discussed the issue, and he was amazed at the lyrics I've written. We should be able to release this song in few weeks.

This is different than all my other songs, because I draw influences from Faithless and Massive Attack as opposed to Enigma and Delerium -- basicaly, the track will lack world-music elements.

I wrote the lyrics for the song, which will be entitled "Midnight Man." There's a lot of pain, sadness, and depression involved in the lyrics, which will be almost spoken as opposed to being sung. Since this will be a big project, maybe you guys can offer me tips on perfecting the lyrics. Though keep in mind that it is a song...so it's gotta be on the easy side to speak/sing...so no hard phrases or words…simply stuff that gets the message through. :)

Note: The "(LSS)" and "(RSS)" in the lyrics denotes that the phrase is spoken through the "Left Stereo Speaker" and "Right Stereo Speaker," respectively.

---
"Midnight Man"

Maybe it's not love...what I feel...
Maybe it's hate...
Maybe it's not joy...that I smile...
Maybe it's shame...
Maybe it's not peace...that I dream...
Maybe it's death...

(LSS) I don't like you, (RSS) I don't like myself...
How could I've been so blind...
How could I, how could I?
(LSS) I don't like you, (In background, RSS) did I ever?

(Background scream) I don't understand!

Is it not my love, you want?
Is it not...me?
(Scream in background, RSS) I don't understand!
Is this the game you play?
Is this what you feel?
Are you gonna change your mind?
(In background, LSS) You're avoiding me...
Are you gonna hide?
Is this who you are?
Did you forget me...
Did you forget who I am?
Do you not wanna...(Insert female moan) UHHHHH
Do you not wanna...(Insert female moan) OAAAHHHH
Did you forget the past?
Did you forget...
..Who stole...
...Your innocence...

Come here...
You can't run...
I'm your Midnight Man...
Let's have our fun...(Insert female moan/cry) OOOH

Come here...
You're outta luck...
You have no choice...
We're gonna...(Insert female moan/scream) AAAAAAAAAAH

Come here, (Background, RSS) it's an order...
Come here, (Background, LSS) it's a command...
Did you forget me?
Your Midnight Man...
(Background: scream, cry, and go out of control) Your beginning...and your end...

(Insert drama elements)
(Insert various female moans and male screams)
---

The track will be very Massive Attack/Faithless oriented -- it has that dark trip-hop feel with a lot of electronica going...and with those lyrics, it should be one of the more unique tracks.

Someone suggested that the lyrics are a bit inappropriate, almost “disrespecting” women. Rest assured, that’s not the idea.

Any suggestions or offerings concerning the lyrics would be nice. Those involved in this project all like the lyrics...but surely more opinions wouldn't hurt. So far, no one outside the project's circle have added anything...so I'm really getting an idea that the track is well near perfect. It's cool.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
*Ransac gets jealous at DUke for being in a band and having fun doing so.*

Hmph.

Cool, man. If I had the ability to listen to music on my campus computers, I'd listen to your songs. But, until then, I'll just pout.

Hmph.

Ransac, cpa trash man