Home Court Advantage

Z

Zadok001

Ladies and gentlemen, members of the Casual Player's Alliance, the Dojo has annouced the re-opening of it's message boards. Damn well took 'em long enough! Now, they're still the inferior variety, nothing compared to the technical wonders that Ed has wrought here, but they're back. If you're interested, I think they're also deserted. Which means, should we feel the need, we can reclaim them in the name of the CPA... :)

"Cry havoc, and let loose the dogs of war!"

G

Griffith_se

My username and password still works, and all the old posts are still there.

This is My home now.

"It might be a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there".

I

igfett

i have become an irc adict. so much better than message boards, and never deserted. i haven't even had enough interest to checkout the dojo boards, even though i saw the message that they were back a day or so ago.
hey, anyone else here use irc? if there isn;t already, we should start a CPA channel. anyone know if there is one already?

Z

Zadok001

I know very, very basic irc. I'd be happy to join up with a CPA page for it, if someone would like to create such a place...

F

FoundationOfRancor

Im am never moving home base from this great site.

A

arhar

I agree that CPA is home. Although I could probably go there if I ever feel a need to flame someone.

"Why thrash and cause havoc home if I can do it somewhere else? I'm not cleaning up after myself somewhere else :) "

D

Duel

Hey Zadok, how do I sign up? I saw nowhere in the dojo to do it.

"I think 'home court advantage' is worse than 'home court pizza'"

U

Ura

Just my two bits, but if people are interested, I'm an operator on Dalnet the irc network, so I can get a channel set up for the CPA and register it.
If your interested post a reply here and I'll get it done. :)

A

Apollo

haha, I read this and just tried to go to the forums and got the good old "connection refused" message. *sigh*

Apollo

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I also can't get to the boards through the link that the Dojo provides and I've been trying since they put the message up (Wednesday?). What address are you guys using to get to it (Griffith_se and Zadok?) Maybe that's why the boards are deserted....

G

Griffith_se

Well...well...well,

The Dojo board seems to be down again. That didn't take long.

M

Mundungu

I managed to go to the dojo 2 dazs ago and yesterday but you know what ????

YOU CANT POST ANY MESSAGE !!!

pretty dumb neh ?

They should delete the old crap.

I think the CPA's message board is the most active on the web.

Other sites like Starcitie's point blank stink.

IRC is cool, but beware if you are an AOL user, you are not welcome in many place (esp. Efnet). :(

a CPA forum on DALnet would be great !!!

Z

Zadok001

I got in... Then I tried to post. Server Error 504 or some such nonsense. :( As a result, I'm gonna call 'FOUL' on the Dojo again... The boards are up, they just _suck_ beyond ANYTHING. LoL. This could not be more representative of the failure of the Dojo. Oh, well. Down the tubes, ladies and gentlemen.

"We're back! We suck, but we're back!"

C

Cateran Overlord

Mundugu's not kidding bout the AOL thing. I use it, and I can never get anywhere to set up an apprentice game. I really don't care much, the CPA boards feel like home, even thoughs it's been but two weeks since I joined. Besides, I really dislike stupid biased IRC, and I really dislike dealing with it (hence the reason I stopped using it).

As for the Dojo boards, everyone here by now probably know my feelings on the Dojo as a whole, and if you don't just ask. I'll be more than happy to go into one of my long rants, as many of you who have read almost anything by me on mtgnews know very well by now :) I say we all go there just once, flame them to hell, then leave forever, leaving them to discuss their precious "tech" and "metagame". I know I use these terms, but I've been in the fire of tournament magic for the past year :(

M

magicman_moe

cool well i have another site to post on now hey can ya give the url out now man i know its dojo.com but i need to post more hehe oh well thanks

M

magicman_moe

god and i only have like 15 more to go now yay im gonna be a veteran now heheh