Holeeeee

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I can't tell if this is "serious" news since it's under the Entertainment Yahoo section... I'll wait until it appears under my iwon Entertainment section :)

Odd yet strangely makes sense idea though...

M

Mazzak

This is a story from the Weekly World News, a supermarket tabloid. I'm surprised it wasn't a story on trees that grow beef fruits that have the face of Jesus and/or the Pope on them and are therefore a signal that the end is near...

Go here for more fun courtesy of the weekly world news, and be the first on your block to know about North Korea's impending invasion of the U.S....

W

Whimsical

How utterly delightful! Also quite disturbing in a "ah-can't-quite-put-a-finger-to-it" manner too. Ah think ah'll wait until them fenagled scientists can come up with a method of raising beerbarrel trees. That would be something to look forward to. :D

N

Nightstalkers

And what I wouldn't give for some punning tiger lilies in my front yard... To take care of door salesmen of corse :rolleyes:

A

Apollo

Whimsy: seeing as I'm underage (and am a perfect little angel ;)), I'll just have to settle for a pie tree. And maybe I could get a tsoda popka stream in my back yard...

W

Whimsical

A poifect little angel, Apollo dearie? Hurm... no Adult Conspiracy for you then. :D *grabs a bottle of tsoda popka and shakes real vigorous like* :D

A tangle tree would be a tad amusing in the front lawn ... if only to get rid of pesky nuisances like door-to-door salesmen. Of course ... y'all would have to explain once in a while to the authorities ... "But really officer! Mah tree done and had mah annoying cousin for lunch! Ah had nothing to do with it!"

*sprays Apollo with the tsoda pop* :D

S

Svenmonkey

*thinks to himself "Whether she does or not, it's annoying as a fundamentalist"*

N

Nightstalkers

Ya don' think tha' is annoy'in? Wa, ya than' da' tin goin' anywhere is tha'...

I'd be leery about having a Compewter... Mine is just so darn talkative...

Code:
Everybody's a critic!
I'll shut you down right now!!!

S

Svenmonkey

Originally posted by Mazzak:
the drawl is cute, what you talking about?
Yeah, about as cute as a baby. It makes me want to puke down my shirt.

Perhaps I'm overreacting. :p

A

Apollo

I always pictured Whimsy as more of the Demoness Metria type; she is all-powerful, beautiful, and does whatever she feels like (at her whimsy, if you will).

And plus, they both have interesting speech patterns. ;)

But I like the drawl, it makes her unique. :)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Indeed. That's one little quirk that I can live with (it always reminds me of Rogue though, not the generic southern drawl :) )

O

orgg

Honestly, I don't know why she even bothers.

Southern ain't somthing you can fake, really... I was amazed to find out that Spidy knew that Mr. Pestilence and I were southern. It was pretty cool gettin' to know 'em in Atlanta, though.

Oh, as for the Fruity Meat:

http://www.snopes.com/humor/iftrue/meattree.htm

Shame on you, Spidy. You're the one that introduced me to that site!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
How did I know you and Mr. P was southern? :confused:

I totally didn't check snopes 'cause it didn't seem like an "urban legend" or something they would have had. Guess I should have though :)

I would have found it in June though; that's when I go through and read all the stuff from the previous month :)

N

Nightstalkers

Mr. Pestilence had the honor of meeting one of the Nightstalkers...

Southerner of course :rolleyes: