Ho, ho,ho Green Giant

D

Dune Echo

Here's another deck posted by Benjamin Carroll on Brain Burst I liked. It's an elf-deck without the fat and really works! My brother and I played last night and he was able to smack me with a Rancored and Embraced Cradle Guard on turn four last night. For those with math problems, this makes the Cradle Guard a 10/8. Don't forget he Rancored it the turn before so I was basically hit on turn 3 by a Yavimaya Wurm. This made for a quick dead player on turn 5!

"Elf Revelation"
Green:
3 Blanchwood Armor
4 Cradle Guard
2 Elvish Herder
3 Gaea's Embrace
2 Heart Warden
1 Hurricane
2 Land Grant
4 Lanowar Elves
3 Priest of Titania
4 Rancor
1 Revive
1 Rofellos, Lanowar Emissary (can be switched out for a Priest of Titania just fine)
4 Scent of Ivy
1 War Dance
2 Yavimaya Elder

Artifacts:
3 Howling Mine (not neccessary, but nice)

Lands:
18 Forest
2 Treetop Village

The most expensive card in the deck is Rofellos, and he can be switched out for Priest without any major problems. Burn is this deck's biggest weakness.

------------------
Dune Echo

No! I'm not going by the name, "Buttnugget", Ross.

I

Ishans Shade

Nice deck Dune. Think it's pretty cool

Why not the name "Buttnugget."

The Target of the Baron's abuse

Ishan's Shade.

Ferret

Staff member
Here, let me help you flesh out your creature:

Buttnugget 2BB
Creature - Annoyance 2/4

Buttnugget attacks each turn if able.
Whenever a creature comes into play, put a taunt counter on Buttnugget.

Any time Buttnugget has three or more counters on it tap 3 target creatures and sacrifice Buttnugget.

"...We had to kill him - he was so annoying..."

-ferret

"...life imitates art..."

T

theorgg

The smily face indicates an "or what."

or was that sarcasm, buttnugat?

btw, here's fog-ive and fog-et:

//NAME: fog-ive and fog-it
// By Jensen Bohren
// /
// Land
30 Forest
// secret winning condition
4 Feldon's Cane
// fogs
4 Fog
4 Undergrowth
4 Lull
4 Constant Mists
4 Respite
4 Spore Cloud
4 Spore Flower
4 Spike Weaver
4 Dawnstrider

sic semper, strate from apprintice.

-theorgg
I'm bigger than I think, I think.

I

Ishans Shade

Well ya know theorgg, I've been making some people really iritated.

D

Dune Echo

I saw a multiplayer deck along the same lines, Jensen. I can't remember where. It's cool though. It was something like this:

Artifacts:
4 Bullwhip
4 Caltrops

Green:
4 Spore Cloud
4 Fog
4 Hailstorm
4 Sandstorm
4 Foxfire
4 Lull

And some other things. I can't remember the winning stuff. It was more of a control deck. Does anyone have the decklist for this thing. I think it was on MTG-Strategy-L.

------------------
Dune Echo

No! I'm not going by the name, "Buttnugget", Ross.

Ferret

Staff member
You might want to add some Spore Flowers from Fallen Empires - I think they're the ones that collect spore counters to do a fog effect...very handy at making your opponent do nothing...and I think under VIth Edition rules you can use them before combat to prevent the damage all turn...

-ferret

"...yup, it's a big threat - I'm going to blow $1,500 in air fair to beat you up
"

T

theorgg

I do have spore flowers. but they erratta'd them to "Combat Damage" they still work very well, expecially in triads.

-theorgg

D

Dune Echo

I think he was referring to my post above, theorgg. Besides, I'd love to see your deck kick ass with a Rancored Spore Flower.
That would be funny.

Starting college in 4 days...

T

theorgg

actually, it doesn't need to. I effectivly have a 130 card deck(if i did the math correctly). even more with thran foundrys!

-theorgg

D

Dune Echo

Jensen, you really need a way to gain life. That way, you can't be killed via direct damage in multiplayer. Also, Gaea's Blessing would be great as a way to recycle your deck infinitely and prevent Millstone decks to beat you. Stroke decks are effectually annulled against this and creature damage is obviously useless. Taste of Paradise, Stream of Life, and Gaea's Blessing would be excellent additions. Think about it.

T

theorgg

I built the deck in responce to the "250 elvish beats" decks that were going up in my local area. I accepted an ante game for 1-for-5 cards and won. there were about 8 people around me, and at the end(4hr. later) there was only the kid and me. that was cool.

-theorgg

I

Ishans Shade

LANDS:
18xForest
2xSlippery Karst
CREATURES:
1xAcridian
2xLand Leeches
2xWoolly Spider
2xLone Wolf
2xStalking Tiger
2xCave Tiger
2xRiver Boa
2xBull Hippo
2xWild Ox
2xCat Warriors(anyone else think they should have regeneration?)
1xSylvan Basilisk
1xPlated Spider
1xCraw Giant
1xSpined Wurm
1xYavimaya Wurm
1xJungle Wurm
1xJohtull Wurm
1xRootbreaker Wurm
1xWhiptail Wurm
1xScaled Wurm
1xForce of Nature
1xWhiptail Wurm
1xSilverback Ape
OTHER:
1xOath of Druids
4xWild Growth
1xFecundity
1XSquall
1xTaste of Paradise
1xWooden Sphere

[Edited by Ishans Shade (12-06-1999 at 10:38 AM).]

S

Spidermage

Actually all Cat cards should be regenerators, but should have life counters...after they get their ninth counter, they can no longer be regenerated

D

Daenen

Here is a green deck that I have been fiddling around with. It is a lot of fun to play, and I enjoy the look on people's faces when I put a thorn elemental into play on round 3. (1: forest, tap, Llanowar; 2: forest, tap both forests, Priests of Titania, tap first elf for another Llanowar; 3: Thorn Elemental. hehehe)

Anyway, here it is:

Lands
18 Forests
2 Hickory Woodlot

Artifacts
4 Thran Golem
2 Voltaic Key
1 Masticore
1 Phyrexian Processor

Critters
4 Llanowar Elves
4 Priests of Titania
1 Birds of Paradise (all I got)
2 Deragned Hermits
2 Pouncing Jaguars
2 Albino Troll
3 Thorn Elementals

Enchantments & Stuff
4 Rancor
4 Giant Growth
2 Might of Oaks
2 Gaea's Embrace
2 Creeping Molds

Just wanted to put my two cents in.

D

Dune Echo

Hey, Daenen, if you're really hurting for multicolor creatures that are easy to get, Quirion Elves are very cheap alternative to Birds of Paradise. They're not as efficient, but they are an alternative. The Birds are just awesome for a creature, especially with Rancors in the deck.