Hi everyone!

Discussion in 'New & Returning Members' started by dan_hellspawn, May 14, 2003.

1. dan_hellspawn New Member

Hi everyone!

Joined yesterday and submitted an article on some basic trading tips.

As a little background, I first picked up Magic at the tail end of Fallen Empires. Bought a few packs at a Toys R Us in Warren, Pennsylvania in 1995. Remember the good ole days of 50 cent clearance packs!!! I still have the first rare i ever pulled too, which was an Orgg (possibly denoted U1 or something, but i know it booked for like 4.00 back then so musta been the rare.)

That summer i went on vacation with my parents to Gettysburgh, right after the release of Ice Age. I couldn't believe i was spending 8.00 for a pack of the new and rare magic set. Jesters Cap! 20.00!! It books for about 3.00 now probably but still the memories.

I played from that point up until the end of Weatherlight, mostly playing Casual Magic and now I just got back in a few weeks before Onslaughts release. Type I is my favorite, but i've been making Standard and Block decks recenlty since that is what most of the locals play.

I'll try to stick around and post on the boards. I am found elsewhere online with the same username (MOTL, The Mana Drain, etc...).

Cya around!
  2. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

3. Whimsical Adorable Sliver

Welcome to the asylum, mister spawn of the nether regions! Hope you enjoy your stay here ... and remember the CPA's golden rule. Have fun! :D
  4. train The Wildcard!!!...

Welcome... Nevermind the Nightstalkers... you'll understand what I mean as soon as they post...:p

Enjoy the CPA!...:D :cool:
  5. whuppinboy The whup-meister

hey, hi and howdy :cool:
  6. Mazzak Stylemongering Protodeity

7. Zhaneel Resident Gryphon Queen

Yo yo yo! Wat up dawg!
  8. Nightstalkers Creature — Nightstalker

Hey, another fan of Type I!

Pleased to see that you have some to the CPA with a fresh mind for Magic.

*Stuffs a dead animal in train's pants*

:D

Have an enjoyable time here.
  9. train The Wildcard!!!...

Except for Mindy hitting on me;) - That's the most excitement I've had on the CPA...:p

Now you know what I mean Dan...;)
  10. Nightstalkers Creature — Nightstalker

Quote from train
    Whatever do you mean? you yourself are like that from time to time...

Just setting the facts straight.

Dans hacking advise for the day: Never use the same terminal to hack a bank everytime. You'll see what I mean if you try it a few dozen times.
  11. train The Wildcard!!!...

I'm like that all the time!...

"You all just think I'm sane, when I want you to think I'm sane...":p
  12. Nightstalkers Creature — Nightstalker

Yeah, and we call you crazy for nothing...

*Grabs Whimsy's bagle*
  13. dan_hellspawn New Member

thread hi-jack!!!

;)
  14. Whimsical Adorable Sliver

Mah sugar-raised bagel!!! That thing there was raised on grade-A hunnerd percenter sugah!!! Give it back!

*spots the navy man and waves hi* Thread hi-jacks are a rather common occurence here, mister navy man. If y'all excuse moi ... ah have a bagel to retrieve. :D

*pulls out that ole' standby the bazooka and aims in the Nightstalkers' general directions* :D
  15. Nightstalkers Creature — Nightstalker

That trick might work for Apollo, but you gotta try something different for Us. :p ;)

*Waits for it*
  16. Whimsical Adorable Sliver

Hmmm ... y'all may have a point there. This here bazooka works on ole' Apollo dearie because he's singular. Seeing as y'all plural and all...

*ponders*

Ah-hah! Ah knew ah was saving this for ah special occasion!

*pulls out a dual hamster-powered micro-missile launcher with soggy half-cooked broccoli warheads* :D
  17. Nightstalkers Creature — Nightstalker

*Waits for it* :D

What is pretty 'ol you gonna do with that there pee shooter?
  18. dan_hellspawn New Member

lol.

too much!!! :):):)
  19. Mazzak Stylemongering Protodeity

<Mazzak turns the "pee-shooter" into a "Pee-Shooter of Nightstalker Slaying +172 against Nightstalkers>
  20. Nightstalkers Creature — Nightstalker

*Nightstalker "Borrows" Whimsy's Pee-Shooter of Nightstalker Slaying +172 and replaces it with a home plastic surgery kit.*

Wait, thats not right...