Heroes of Might and Magic...

A

Almindhra

Does anyone play this out there?...Its a great computer game...Very, very addicting...

A

Almindhra

I've never played any of the other games they put out there with Heroes...I know theres Might and Magic...I think theres a bunch more too...Does anyone know anything about the other ones?...How good are they?...

P

Purple_jester

I've played. But I've only played Heroes I, Heroes II, Heroes III (and all its expansions)... Wow. You're right. It IS very, very addicting.

Now that I'm on topic, do you like the angels? Or do you prefer dragons? :)

A

Almindhra

Well...I get on my kicks...With what castle I want to be and all...But...Dragons are neat because they can blow fire through lots of things...( right? I haven't played Dragons in a long time )...But Archangels get that resurrection going...

Whats your favorite castle to be?...I would have to say the Inferno...You can build it up quickly...The Dungeon needs so many resourcs to build everything...the Castle is easy to build too...but the Necro castle, I just love Expert Necromancy and getting skeletons all the time...

W

Whimsical

Well ... I was a much bigger fan of the Might and Magic series ... having played Isles of Terra, Clouds of Xeen, Darkside of Xeen (and it's amalgam, World of Xeen) ... as well as the latest, Blood and Honor (I think) ...

They're nice ... old school FRPGs and all that jazz. :) None of this real-time action/RPG nonsense so prevalent nowadays in the PC gaming world.

The Heroes series though. The strategist in me really rebelled when I saw (and used) the ultra-mega-hyper-cheesy "I have a Hero with Armageddon and a trio of Dragons ... watch me cast the stupid spell and blow everything except the magic-immune lizards off the battlemap..." <sighs> I think they corrected that in the later series ... i.e., 2 and 3 ...

I dunno. There's absolutely no finesse involved in the game ... begging my pardon from all you Heroes fanatics out there. Now Fantasy General ... that was a nice, involved game requiring a LOT of thought. ;)

I'll still take Master of Orion II any day though. I still get a kick out of leaving a trail of asteroids behind my marauding planetoids... :D

S

sageridder

after for blood and honor came day of the destroyer.i've played all in this series and think each one gets better than the last.

Z

Zadok001

Ah, I love that series... My favorite was always 2, but 3 has taken up even more time. I have to disagree with Whimsical on this one, I think the finesse involved is simply at a higher level of strategics, i.e., understanding where and when to defend or attack. I sometimes wish for a bit more freedom, the ability to build a town, or drop a few dozen units as a barricade, but I love almost everything about the game. The graphics have always been stunning, and the battle sequences are absolutely fantastic when you advance to the later stages. And then there's the music... :) That's the only series I've ever bothered to leave the music on in!

E

ErinPuff

I play.. I got III for my birthday (it's sooo much better than II, IMO)

I like to play Inferno, Dungeon, Stronghold, Fortress, Tower, and Rampart (everything but Necropolis and Castle)

A

arhar

YES!

More M&M fanatics!!

I played M&M IV-V for a YEAR NON-STOP before I finished it! It was one of the most awesome RPGs EVER! Diablo? Don't make me laugh!

And HOMM III is the best strategy game, raising high above the clickfest that is RTS games... So much good stuff! And the most important about all M&M games is the RED EYE FACTOR: Yes, it's the thing that keeps you up late at night whispering.. just one more turn... just one more.. and then I'm going to sleep.... till it's sunlight :)

A

Almindhra

arhar...Thats exctly it!...I sometimes play over the internet, and my bf would say "Ok, its late, we have to get to bed"...And I always plead with the "Just one more turn, I'm going to kill this guy"...