Here's yet another one...

I

Istanbul

Spidey - Yep. If someone pays WR to cast it, the enchanted creature gains first strike and haste. If they pay 1B, it gets 'Sac: Opponent discards'. If they pay GU, it gets trample and flying.

Note that you don't HAVE to use two colors...you can use one mana of any color and one colorless. You just benefit if you do.

Duke - No kidding? I'll have a look.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
So usually, people pay color mana to pay ANY type of colorless cost (aside from Sol Rings and Diamonds or something). So the majority of the time, they're going to get the two color benefit.

So is it undercosted? Is it just right? That's why I asked the other question if cards previously printed are comparable.

I

Istanbul

Here's another few that just came to me:

Radiation R
Sorcery
When you play Radiation, sacrifice a land.
Radiation deals 2 damage to all creatures.
Flashback: Sacrifice all creatures you control.
How much will you give to defeat your opponent?

Epiphany 3U
Instant
Draw two cards.
Flashback: Discard your hand.
Sometimes, you must empty your mind to fill it again.

Dispel 2W
Instant
Destroy target artifact or enchantment.
Flashback: Target opponent gains 5 life.
Which is more lethal: the magic, or its wielder?

Homicide 2B
Instant
Destroy target non-black creature.
Flashback: Put a 1/1 black Skeleton creature into play under your opponent's control. That token has '1: Regenerates'.
Word to the wise: always be sure that the problem you solve is worse than the one you create.

Thunderstorm 2G
Sorcery
Thunderstorm deals 2 damage to all flying creatures and both players.
Flashback: Sacrifice the creature you control with the highest power.
The sky and the land meet; what affects one will eventually affect the other.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

When it resolves, Scorch counts as having been successfully cast/played, so a Scorch alone will deal 3 damage.

So at worst, it's a Bolt, not a Shock.

Why not make it a sorcery, anwyay? Why would any player cast multiple red spells on another player's turn?
The only other benefit to keeping it an instant is that one could cast it during the end step, but that isn't very helpful.

I

Istanbul

Hmmm. Fair enough. I'll re-word it to cause it not to count Scorch spells played.

Why not Sorcery? Because I'm TIRED of sorcery-speed burn. All the decent burn these days is sorcery speed, and I'm sick of it. :p

I

Istanbul

Spite Stone (3)
Artifact
1, Sacrifice a permanent: Target player removes the top card of his or her library from the game.
The device's name describes its function perfectly: give all, so that others might have none.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not familiar enough with Flashback to know whether it's balanced or not and Spite Stone looks good to me. :)

N

Nightstalkers

Don't you just love Spidey? :D

Now to bring back that "roll a six sided die" thing :p

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I think rolling dice was only to Unglued. Coin-flipping was interesting but I think I remember WOTC saying that they stopped it due to the high chance factor and thus not a lot of people playing them.

N

Nightstalkers

still don't know about the goblin game thing...

stupid? idiotic is more like it.