heres a question

M

magicman_moe

whats the deal with all the planswalkers? isnt misra one of them? just wanna know since i dont know a whole lot of the story line. oh and how did they all get the ability to plainswalk?

M

MrXarvox

Mishra's dead. He was killed in the Brothers' War.

Planeswalkers get the ability by accident, I think. their magical abilities exceed normal levels and they suddenly can comprehend dropping through the aether, or something like that.

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

its supposedly a spark that all planeswalkers carry inside of them, that is what makes them what they are, it just take something to release that power, but not all who posess the spark fufill their destiny
ex. Dakkon Blackblade

C

Cateran Emperor

Basically what Azreal said once again.

Urza is actually not supposed to be a planeswalker, he wasn't born with the spark. But when he blew the sylex and obliterated Argoth, the essence of Glacian (the artificer who imprisoned Yawgie Bear in Phyrexia) transferred his now useless power to Urza so that he could stop teh Phyreixans.

It's a really, really long story.

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

wasn't glacian killed by yawgmoth in the thran-phyrexian war?

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

oh, okay, i was pretty sure he was dead though

yeah 400!!!

C

Cateran Emperor

Yes, Glacian is dead. He sacrificed himself to send his essence into the stone and seal Yawgie Bear and his legions of demons away. At least until Urza and Mishra screwed everything up.