Here's a casual but vicious thought for you...

I

Istanbul

Flickering Peddler (the new Flicker spellshaper from Prophecy)

+

Skyshround Behemoth (5GG, 10/10, Fading:2, CIP tapped)

=

Unlimited ugly beats. :)

C

Child of Gaea

I have been thinking alot of making a good casual deck using flicker and boomerang and such for fading creats... It is nice to know that someone else thinks like I do... Good idea!

C

Captain Caveman

There are a lot of cards that would/will be fun with
Flicker Peddler. These come to mind:

Deranged Hermit
Radiant's Dragoons
Bone Shredder
Parallax Wave and Tide
Avalanche Rider
Tangle Wire

I'm sure someone at the CPA has already come up with a
really good Flicker deck.

Care to share it, whom ever you are? Awe, come on!

[Edited by Captain Caveman on May 17th, 2000 at 10:09 PM]

L

Lady Re

I think I like Flicker Peddler better then Sneak attack, and I was planning a Sneak attack deck that spits out token creatures, because they stay when the creature goes. (Deranged Hermit, Leige of the Hollows, Goblin Marshall, etc... but with Flicker Peddler there are more possiblities I think...

I'm getting excited about Prophecy now.... :D

L

Lady Re

Hey you Spiffman,

Just what kinda idea are you cooking up, and does it involve me??? :D

BTW, my ideas are both contagious and insideous... a truely deadly combo... ;)

G

garfobosonfire

Istanbul, let bygones be bygones, anyway, um I think that combo is too slow though. It would work if you could stall around for a while or get some incredible mana acceleration. 7 mana kill card, that could take a while but good luck, and happy experimenting.

L

linsivvi

Has anyone thought aboutlike tapping a Gaea's cradle for lots of mana then flickereing it to return it to play untapped and then tap it for lots more mana

I

igfett

It's obvious that nothing but harm can come of this mistyrious flickering salesperson. when destiny first came out, i looked at flicker and immediatly went "damn! that's just a broken combo waiting to happen. to baad it isn't an instant" well, guess what, now it can be played as an instant, and be reused. BROOOOKEN ;)
well, i definitly see the potential for some incredibly fun combo's, but i don't think anything too great will come of it. time will tell, though. that cradle/flicker does sound interesting, though, as it's huge amounts of mana that are always behind the broken comboes. good synergy with the hermit, also, to make more creatures. add in some mana elves......

L

Lady Re

Igfitt,
Don't forget Snake Basket is in 6th Edition, so there's some broken with all that mana, or a dozen other fun ways to play this to it's potential. And if it's just for fun, even if just to see if you "can get your combo" then that is "great enough" for me... :) :D :)

I

Istanbul

Flickering Peddler + Deranged Hermit = What echo? 4 1/1 creatures per turn, please.

L

linsivvi

Tag Guard

Hey, the flickering guy and a goblin marshal, deranged hermit, gaea's cradle, Kor Haven, a creaure with an anoying enchantment on it. This guy kicks ass!!!!!!!!!!!

L

linsivvi

I have heard that before but no one can tell me where i died and I cannot find the spot???

Y

Y The Alien

Tag Guard

Me, In General Discussion, "What is thy Bidding, My Master?"
I think

C

Chaos Turtle

Flickering Peddler + Deranged Hermit + Coat of Arms

strictly for fun, of course! ;)

"Them's some big f***in' squirrels!"
--smashed and bloody planeswalker, last words

L

Lady Re

I've got that exact combo (minus the peddler) in my "Pesky Critters Deck" right now. I also use Snake Basket alot too, and with the Gaea's Cradle, with occasional Crop Rotating the Tapped Cradle, to pull another and "put it into play" (which means it does NOT count towards my one land per turn) and then tap it for more mana.

Some good... ;)

Anyone want the current deck list, email me...

T

theorgg

WE WANT YOUR NUTS! GIVE US YOUR NUTS!

-the chant of three giant, rabid squirrels at the last solar I was at.
:)

M

Major Crime

I think the Hermit only works when played from hand, due to rewording, I know that a lot of the good creatures were altered, the blue one which untaps lands has for sure.
I tried making a flicker deck, but the only things which work well with it are Parralax cards.