Help!

B

BigBlue

I thought (assumed, you know what that makes me....) that apprentice would allow me to save a game's status. It doesn't.

Does anyone know any other magic tools which allow you to shuffle and keep track of cards/play area which do allow you to save their status?

Apprentice doesn't even print out a shuffled deck... So, I could make decks ( and proxies ) to run the game, or do it on paper, but I'd really like something better...

Bueller? Bueller? Anyone? Anyone?

T

train

Best thing I caould tell you is to copy it to notepad or something similar and then you have a printable list of it... or just a file on the computer with the info...;)

B

BigBlue

I tried to do that... Apprentice doesn't even let you do that... I'm truly disappointed in it's capabilities. It does only one thing, real time games. I can't get it to do anything I want it to.

At this point, I'm planning on building proxy decks. Another problem occured to me with simply printing a list. If I have to reshuffle a library, I'd have to put the leftover cards in a new deck for shuffling. It's a real drag.

The best method will be proxy decks. I can keep track of the game areas easier. Of course revealing a deck would blow... There are going to be some limitaitons. I'm just glad this will be tribal.... although I wonder why I didn't just take Caveman's format... Since his contest is going, it'd be neat to see how they worked against eachother.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I tried to do that... Apprentice doesn't even let you do that... I'm truly disappointed in it's capabilities. It does only one thing, real time games. I can't get it to do anything I want it to.
That's why it's free ;)

I honestly don't know of anything out there that can save games, but I only know of Apprentice, Magic Suitcase, and Magic: Online. The old Microprose Magic game had a deck editor and a "duel" capability, but I don't think you could save games there either. I'll ask on the General forum to see if anyone else has ideas.