Help!

Discussion in 'Games Run By CPA Members' started by BigBlue, Dec 26, 2002.

1. BigBlue Magic Jones

I thought (assumed, you know what that makes me....) that apprentice would allow me to save a game's status. It doesn't.

Does anyone know any other magic tools which allow you to shuffle and keep track of cards/play area which do allow you to save their status?

Apprentice doesn't even print out a shuffled deck... So, I could make decks ( and proxies ) to run the game, or do it on paper, but I'd really like something better...

Bueller? Bueller? Anyone? Anyone?
  2. train The Wildcard!!!...

Best thing I caould tell you is to copy it to notepad or something similar and then you have a printable list of it... or just a file on the computer with the info...;)
  3. BigBlue Magic Jones

I tried to do that... Apprentice doesn't even let you do that... I'm truly disappointed in it's capabilities. It does only one thing, real time games. I can't get it to do anything I want it to.

At this point, I'm planning on building proxy decks. Another problem occured to me with simply printing a list. If I have to reshuffle a library, I'd have to put the leftover cards in a new deck for shuffling. It's a real drag.

The best method will be proxy decks. I can keep track of the game areas easier. Of course revealing a deck would blow... There are going to be some limitaitons. I'm just glad this will be tribal.... although I wonder why I didn't just take Caveman's format... Since his contest is going, it'd be neat to see how they worked against eachother.
  4. train The Wildcard!!!...

I'm all out of ideas for ya...
  5. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

That's why it's free ;)

I honestly don't know of anything out there that can save games, but I only know of Apprentice, Magic Suitcase, and Magic: Online. The old Microprose Magic game had a deck editor and a "duel" capability, but I don't think you could save games there either. I'll ask on the General forum to see if anyone else has ideas.