Help!!!

M

Multani

Tag Guard

I have a problem.
This guy with a fast direct damage deck
kicked my ass 6 games straight while I was playing a green, white weenie.

I didn't have COP: Red because I didn't know I would face a red deck.
Still I won't always draw COP: Red everytime.

Soooo. I need help in deflecting quick red decks. (Please no COP suggestions.)
Thanks

"To make peace with the forest, make peace with me."
-Multani to Urza

T

The Magic Jackal

TAG GUARD

I would help you, but someone has their tag guard on, hint hint :p

M

Mordecai

I'd say Sanctimony. It's not CoP: Red, it's better. Ivory Mask might be good if they depend on burn.

It depends on how likely you are to be able to get it. Since you are running white, which is red's worst enemy (blue it hates too), you have many options...warmth, sanctimony, conversion (ooh, that one's fun). If you really worry about it, I'd put like 1 Sanctimony in your deck and add Enlightened Tutors, possibly adding Glorious Anthem or other enchantments to search for as well.

A

Apollo

Well, I wouldn't add color-hosers that don't do anything else to the main deck, as they'll only help you against 1/5 of the decks. Spike Feeders are excellent against burn decks, and are good utility creatures anyway. Paladin En-vec is a good creature, especially against black or red. Solitary Priest is good, and is a hard to block attacker even if they aren't playing red.

Apollo

M

Major Crime

It's a CoP card but useful against all decks, Story Circle.
Not to good against Artifact decks. but itherwise good.
The small flyers Something Glider, theres a pro black & a pro red one. Mother of Runes & Wall of glare makes a good early combo against mono decks, a wall which can multi block & then due to mother not take any damage. I have this in an angel deck, got it out against a mono green Mana Elf & large green deck, so I won as I had the combo on second turn.

M

Multani

Tag Guard

I should also mention that his deck is almost creatureless.
He mainly depends on fast burn.

"To make peace with the forest, make peace with me."
-Multani to Urza

F

FoundationOfRancor

My friend also had a burn deck like that. Very few creatures, lots of burn. Since he has no creutres, his opening hand makes or breaks the game. HEres some ways I found helpful to disrupt him
- Discard/disrupt ( I know you dont play black so not an option)
- COunter: Just counter 1 or 2 of the big spells and hes dead.
- Life gain: Not to much, just some to push you past his limit
- Creature Speed: he cant waste his burn on creatures, so if you swarm and clock him, you'll usually win.

See, this "No creture, burn" principle is not good. There is only a peak of effiecnsy that this deck can do, you just simply need to make your sideboard or deck push otself a little past that. Hope that helps!

C

Captain Caveman

Since you running Green and White you could try the
Pariah/River Boa or Albino Troll thing. There's always
Cho-Manno/Pariah, if your using Rebels.

Just a though.
Caveman

I

Istanbul

RUNE of Protection: Red.

Not playing against a red deck? Cycle it, thin your deck.

M

Mundungu

against direct red burn :

eye for an eye : might at least call for a draw
Story circle & tutors : good in any case
Sword to pholsphlare : good in every situation : do it on your creature to survive longer, get rid of those ball lightning before they deal 6 to you.

Spirit link some of your creatures (esp. paladin en vec) to regain some life ... Red burn is all about speed. After he emptied his hand, he will do only minimal damage.

Pariah on your prot:red creature will win you the match.

G

galtwish

Scent of Jasmine
Gerrard's Wisdom
Radiant's Dragoons
Benevolent Unicorn (designed to combat StupidRed Burn)
Spirit Link
Soltari Priest
Empyrial Armor (you'll beat them faster than they can burn you)
Warmth
Pariah
Green doesn't offer a whole lot other than good creatures to Pariah, which you already have in White

Erik

A

Apollo

I'd just go with a quick weenie swarm. He's gonna have to waste his burn on your creatures, and when he does that it means you aren't getting hit. Savanna Lions, Paladin En-Vecs, Albino Trolls, some mana elves, maybe. Anything that does some quick damage for 2 mana or less should be able to race with him and make him empty his hand. Burn is all one-shots, so once you make him empty his hand on your creatures, he'll just be depending on the one card he draws every turn, and you should have lots of time to kill him.

Apollo