Help with Thrulls

D

Daenen

Hello. My name is Daenen, and I am new here. I really like some of the posts here, and I am pleased to have finally found a group of people who haven't forgotten that Magic is a game, designed to have fun.

But I digress. I have a deck that I recently threw together, but I haven't met anyone who wants to play me because it is Type I. Anyway, I could use some help with it. Any help at all would be appreciated. Here it is:

Lands
2 Peat Bogs
18 Swamps

Artifacts
1 Dragon's Blood
1 Powerstone
2 Thran Dynamoes

Enchantments & Stuff
1 Breeding Pit (all I got)
2 Unearth
4 Dark Rituals
4 Hymn to Tourach
1 Thrull Retainer
1 Soul Exchange

Critters
4 Basal Thrull
4 Armor Thrull
2 Thrull Champion (again, all I got)
3 Necrite
2 Mindstab Thrull
2 Initiates of the Ebon Hand
2 Order of the Ebon Hand
2 Phyrexian Plagelords

It's a fairly good deck, but it could still use a little polishing. If any of you have suggestions, I would be eternally grateful.

Power does not corrupt. Power attracts the Corruptable.
-Bene Geserit teaching

D

Dune Echo

Hey, do you have Apprentice? If you want, I'll play you in any Type 1 and play a similar type deck for fun. Let me know.

I would add in a Coat of Arms instead of the Dragon's Blood if you can. Coat of Arms would boost all your Thrulls continually without a mana cost. Also, if this is Type 1, Sol Ring is easy to get yet powerful and better than Worn Powerstone. Also, I'd some other more efficient changes just to streamline the deck:

Basal Thrull-->Blood Pet (doesn't tap, 1st turn drop)

Mindstab Thrull-->Thrull Surgeon (Cheaper and doesn't need to be blocked to work)

Thrull Champion-->Bad Moon/Coat of Arms (Bad Moon's cheaper, Coat of Arms is awesome in a creature theme deck. Yeah, it can help your opponent, but it might help you more.)

I can't think of anything else right now, but maybe that will help.

[Edited by Dune Echo (12-23-1999 at 08:20 AM).]

------------------
Dune Echo

... and no, the Waylay ruling and Thawing Glaciers ruling don't have a damn thing in common. A lot more people like me whined in favor of Waylay!

T

theorgg

...got to wright that deck on millitant themedecking

[Edited by theorgg (12-23-1999 at 11:28 PM).]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-theorgg

A callow knight in armor,
Appropriatly brave,
Displayed his lack of wisdom
and charged into my cave.

He challanged me to battle,
In moments it was through.
He made a tasty morsel-
His horse was tasty, too.

-Jack Prelutsky,
"Ogrebrad"
published in Monday's Troll,1997 scholastic

T

theorgg

<shakes head sadly>
gotta write that artical

For the thrull champs, they are very good.
don't take them out. If your making a theme deck, a TRUE theme deck, then you need to relate all the cards in the deck. thus, if you can make up somthing or find somthing in the flavor text of a card that relates it to thrulls, you can use it. otherwise, don't. this makes the theme stronger. for thrulls, I'd say Exhume would work(looks like a rotting thrull), but Greven or expunge wouldn't. for some (simi) elimination, try thrull wizard.(1B: conter a black spell unless caster pays B or 3) as elim. it is a power sink with an X X cost, and can be used with enough mana. As for land amount, try about 26 lands. Breeding pits suck up your mana, and Derelor is just too FAT(aka high p/t) to not include, expecially with some thrull champions.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-theorgg

A callow knight in armor,
Appropriatly brave,
Displayed his lack of wisdom
and charged into my cave.

He challanged me to battle,
In moments it was through.
He made a tasty morsel-
His horse was tasty, too.

-Jack Prelutsky,
"Ogrebrad"
published in Monday's Troll,1997 scholastic

S

sorcerer

well you have some excess cards like initiate of the ebon hand you don't need any since all you have is swamp.
take out one or two of the basal thrull you have enough mana sources.
take out at least one of the thrull champion since not to many people have thrulls in their decks.
In place of these add cards like expunge, and maybe a creature that is a little more powerfull like commander greven il-vec. he would be great.

Destiny,chance,fate,fortune-they're all just ways of claiming your successes without claiming your failures.
-Gerrard of the Weatherlight

D

Dune Echo

If you're going to go totally theme, Ebon Praetor can be nice or Soul Exchange. Those are possiblities. Although, I don't know if Ebon Praetor mentions Thrulls at all.

------------------
Dune Echo

"Civilization is a conspiracy to disguise the mutilation of nature."
--Skyshroud Creed

S

Shadowfire

Dune it does. If you sac a thrull you get like +2/+1 instead of just +1/+1 or what ever the counter is. but it does mention thrulls.

just my thoughts

D

Dune Echo

If you can afford them, Living Death is also good with this kind of deck. You can sac all of your creatures and clear the board with Living Death. Also, you may reset any counters on Ebon Praetor and reuse all the sacrificed creatures.

------------------
Dune Echo

"Civilization is a conspiracy to disguise the mutilation of nature."
--Skyshroud Creed