Help Wanted: Scion Studios

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
From today's Gamespy newsletter:
Help Wanted: Scion Studios - Prophet
Joe Graf from Scion Studios passed along the following news to PlanetUnreal about a few new job openings related to an unannounced game in the Unreal franchise. The job openings include artists, level designers, and programmers. For more information check out the Scion Jobs page.

N

Notepad

Dude, you keep reading and cut-pasting these Gamespy reports...but are there even any programmers in the house? CPAs, we found out: Yes. But game designers?

For the answer to that, remember the attempt a few months back to make a CPA-designed game. That crashed fast, and I really wanted to join up on it. :(

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, you never know... there could be some lurkers who are interested.

I remember Jigglypuff also expressing an interest a couple of months ago, but it was more in a specific field, of which I forget. Graphics maybe? They don't come up that often so I post 'em...

N

Notepad

It's neat to see what companies are hiring.

Don't ya think how funny it is that in the old days a geek's best friend was math, and in the modern day its the computer?

So what do we have here? A relatively collection of folk, who turn out to have more CPAs among them than programmers. Shows how accurate stereotypes are. :D

(BTW~ I'm beginning to work on a card-based RPG. Probably won't even get truly started til I get to New Mexico, but I was wondering if I can post the progress of the stuff here, and maybe make it sort of a project of anyone who wants to join in.)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Don't ya think how funny it is that in the old days a geek's best friend was math, and in the modern day its the computer?
It makes sense if you look at it as the computer being an advanced math tool (of course it's more than that, namely GAMES!)

BTW~ I'm beginning to work on a card-based RPG. Probably won't even get truly started til I get to New Mexico, but I was wondering if I can post the progress of the stuff here, and maybe make it sort of a project of anyone who wants to join in.)
Sure, go ahead. You never know who might be interested in helping...