Hello!!! (My first post here)

A

arhar

Greetings everyone. I just learned about this site today and look - I've already joined! Why? Well, because I long ago wanted to join something like that, and I really feel casual players need to UNITE!! I hope that here I can finally find some people that I could share my stories about multiplayer games, or people who would laugh about those who steal decks off the Dojo.. Anyway, I'm glad to be here!!

T

theorgg

I was wondering eirlier why I hadn't seen the new members now posting. I realize I havn't been on since the 11th. no wonder...

Welcome, ar-har.

hardy har arhar :)

A

arhar

...... and that was it. All the hellos I got. I guess the modern tradition of 20 replies to the "Hi i'm new here" post from the newbie hasn't been invented back then :rolleyes:

Lol. Just kidding. I love you guys.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I wasn't here yet. Otherwise you would have gotten a BIG

WELCOME!

On a related note, this shows how thinly populated the boards were back then...

G

Gerode

<gasp>
You didn't even get Zadok's famous Nickname Speech! Hurry, someone give it to arhar!

N

Namielus

Ok Zadok is gonna let this one slip and as his friend I give you the

NICKNAME SPEECH

/begin{nickname speech}
Ok, here's the deal. I'm your friendly neighborhood nickname guy. See those neat-o little orange nicknames people have under their names? If you Private Message me with a request for a specific one, I'll give it to ya'.
/end{nickname speech

To Mail Zadok Hit the PM with the little mail logo next to it and instead of the name "Namielus" replace that with "Zadok001". And then tell him want you want. If your not quite sure if your doing it right just send your nick to me.

"Is that food?
Nope
Ah, so eat anyway?
Umm, yea"
-7 Eaters of the Neverending Potluck

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
This was so far back I don't even know if Zadok had nickname privileges, let alone a speech (he could have had the former, I just don't remember. It was so long ago!)

Z

Zadok001

Nickname PRIVILAGES? I don't know if we had nicknames at all! :) This is ancient, like dusty and moldy and really really old... Yeah. You get the idea.

The speech is relatively new; like, six monthes. This was pre-Signatures, as you can see. And sigs were one of Ed's first projects, I believe... Although my memory is notoriously inaccurate.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'm pretty sure there were sigs back then, they just weren't picked up on the fly like they are now. I seem to always remember putting Thwip! in my profile.

Your speech is that old? I thought it started maybe beginning of August or something...

Killer Joe

You'll love this site......um,.......oh.........man, this is a really old post. Who brought it up?
Spidey, bring up your welcome post.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
... arhar (himself), yeah, yeah..."

No way! Let my welcome post drop into the obscurity of oblivion... :D