Hello Lurkers

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Why not join in a game, or post a deck, or comment on a card, or just post your thoughts about the site....... we want your patronage.....

R

Rakarth

Hello all, I'm back from a long hiatus, although I never really did much when I was here the first time to be honest :p
In fact I was slightly shy and didn't want to get involved for fear of taking on the "big boys" :D
After seeing a post by Ransac in a thread somewhere abouts I decided I would throw off this cloak of shadows and come into the light!
In actual fact I thought I should just come out and start posting.

So here I am, I'm not too experianced in the game, I've played for a few years on and off and I'll willingly play anyone on the forums or on apprentice. I only play for fun anyway, and thats how I build my decks :)

I shall lurk no longer (I hope)

Rakarth

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Woo! That's right, come into the light! ;)

I'll play you Constructed or you can try Mindmaster or join a tribal game... (not sure you want to do all three to begin with but if so, double woo-hoo!) Pick your flavor... :)

R

Rakarth

Well I've been having a look at the MindMaster but I don't quite understand it fully so I'm gonna read through a few games. But I have got several decks constructed and they've only really been played against my brother which means that they can get a bit too focused, so playing against someone else would be great :D
Is there any set way on this forum to ask for games or is it a case of when you feel like it shout it out and see who replies:p?

Rakarth

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
In a nutshell: Mindmaster is when you get a booster of whatever expansion you're playing and it's your hand (thus you have a hand of 15 cards unless you're playing an older expansion). Each turn you can play one basic land up to a total of 10 lands in the game.

And that's it.

Just post in the Games Run forum to ask for games - you'll usually get a few takers.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
There are other lurkers on this board..... Let's hear from them..... Just post anything. It breaks up my day.....

Y

YoungBeard

Sorry, I'm a compulsive lurker. I'll try to post more often. :)

R

Rakarth

Sorry about that I went and dived straight into the Games Run forum:p . If you or Spidey fancy a game of constructed or the MindMaster format then that'd be great:D

Maybe the MindMaster first? As for who I play I'll let you decide, whoever has the time to play in between other games you've got going:)

Rakarth

M

Modus Pwnens

Ah, now I finally found a (short) description of how it works.
If there's someone who would like to play, I would love to try it out. Any set will do, I don't understand how you "get" the boosters. Has someone made a random generator?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'll play you. What set do you want to start out with?

We use either Apprentice or Magic Suitcase, although apparently the latter is a bit buggy. Usually we ask someone to generate a booster for each of us and send it to us - right now Mooseman, Ransac, or rokapoke can do it (maybe Rakarth too).

M

Modus Pwnens

Hmm, if I can pick anyone i like.. how about.. Stronghold?

Edit: is there a particular reason why you spell out names of other members in boldface?

R

Rakarth

It appears I am the only available generator online (I'm online far too much I feel).
I'll generate them then if Spidey would like to pick?

Rakarth

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Stronghold is fine. Rakarth can generate and send, thanks (I'm probably online as much as you are :) )

I just have always made it a practice to bold user names, just so they stand out :)