He Protec (the creatures of his homeland) [EDH]

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Jacques le Vert has one of the most relevant abilities among all the original legendary creatures. Is it worth building around that ability? Probably not, but I'm doing so anyway.

Commander:
1 Jacques le Vert

1 Abundance
1 Academy Rector
1 Arid Mesa
1 Aura of Silence
1 Aura Shards
1 Bala Ged Recovery
1 Command Tower
1 Crop Rotation
1 Crucible of Worlds
1 Druid's Call
1 Dryad of the Ilysian Grove
1 Earthquake
1 Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite
1 Enlightened Tutor
1 Esper Sentinel
1 Far Wanderings
1 Feral Hydra
1 Fertilid
1 Fiery Emancipation
1 Fire Ants
1 Fires of Yavimaya
1 Flooded Strand
1 Force of Savagery
8 Forest
1 Fungusaur
1 Generous Gift
1 Good-Fortune Unicorn
1 Harbinger of the Hunt
1 Hardened Scales
1 Harrow
1 Hornet Nest
1 Hungering Hydra
1 Idyllic Tutor
1 Kami of False Hope
1 Lightning Bolt
1 Magmatic Force
1 Marauding Raptor
1 Marsh Flats
1 Maze of Ith
1 Misty Rainforest
1 Mother of Runes
6 Mountain
1 Mox Diamond
1 Parapet
1 Phytohydra
6 Plains
1 Plateau
1 Pledge of Unity
1 Polyraptor
1 Ranging Raptors
1 Regrowth
1 Ripjaw Raptor
1 Rite of Passage
1 Roiling Regrowth
1 Rolling Earthquake
1 Saber Ants
1 Savannah
1 Scalding Tarn
1 Serra Ascendant
1 Snapping Sailback
1 Sol Ring
1 Spike Feeder
1 Spike Weaver
1 Spore Frog
1 Sporeweb Weaver
1 Strip Mine
1 Swords to Plowshares
1 Sylvan Library
1 Taiga
1 Terminus
1 Terror of the Peaks
1 The Ozolith
1 Ulvenwald Tracker
1 Varchild, Betrayer of Kjeldor
1 Varchild's War-Riders
1 Verdant Catacombs
1 Wasteland
1 Wheel of Fortune
1 Wildwood Scourge
1 Windswept Heath
1 Wooded Foothills
1 Wrath of God

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
This one did surprisingly well for itself, albeit not nearly enough to actually stand a chance in the environment where I was playing.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I won an unlikely game with this deck and it was glorious. I was up against two stronger decks (one helmed by the new Jodah and one helmed by Arahbo) and a Unicorn-themed deck (helmed by Emiel the Blessed). The two of us with weaker decks stalled out (I was colorscrewed). The Jodah deck kept building to a board state that might just win the game on the spot, while the Arahbo player was dishing out damage against all three of us and forcing the Jodah player to go on the defensive. On multiple occasions, either one of them might have won the game if not for the occasional bit of disruption from my deck or from the Emiel deck. Eventually, the Jodah player was down to 1 life, but he had a board state that could probably kill the Arahbo player. Taking a chance, I refrained from doing damage to the Jodah player. He killed the Arahbo player and flooded the board with an army that would easily one-shot the rest of the table if the turn passed back to him again. But he was still at 7 life after all that, and I was able to cast Earthquake for 7. That effectively reset the board with me facing down the Emiel player. Her deck had some removal and tricks that kept my first threats in check, but I was able to close out the game with Lightning Bolt. By all rights, either the Jodah player with his explosive nonsense or the Arahbo player with his big attackers should have won that one, but the cancelled each other out just enough to hand me the game instead.