Have You Played Starter Constructed?

Discussion in 'CPA Voting Forum' started by Spiderman, Jun 19, 2001.

?

Have you Played?

Yes 0 vote(s) 0.0%
No, but I'd be willing to try 0 vote(s) 0.0%
No, and I'm not interested. 5 vote(s) 100.0%
  1. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

You know, it's the one where you have to follow the rarity that's normally found in a Starter deck (3 rares, X uncommons, rest commons, don't know how much land).

I haven't tried it, but it's another format since the highlander question got me thinking. :)
  2. Griffith_se Queen of the Sub-Optimal

Havn't tried it, but it sounds like a good idea.
  3. rkoelsch Angel Boy

Did you make it up? Could be interesting.
  4. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Hehe, no I didn't make it up. It kind of grew out of the conversation a LONG time ago about how rarity affects the game and someone suggested perhaps Standard should use the Starter Constructed format so rares don't break/overpower the environment (play and cost-wise). The highlander question made me think of it, so I decided to ask it with "newer" folks around.
  5. superguy Helpful CPA Member MAGICBOY

That sounds like a lot of fun. I do similar things like, for example making a deck out of commons only, or with a few Uncommons, or all-common from certain sets. I think it really makes your deckbuilding skills better, and helps identify good cards. Anyways, when I have time I'll try it, thanks for the idea!
  6. Hetemti The Wide-Awake Nightmare

At the Invasion prerelease, I played the Mercadian Masques starter (Yes...all 75 cards) I bought from D. Alexander Gregory against my friend's sealed-deck from the first flight.

Two-Headed Dragon done the beat down. :)