Have you guys seen the new Nemesis cards on MTG News?

D

Dune Echo

I can give a rat's ass about the Rathi Assassin. Give me that Complex Automaton. Suicide Black is going to absolutely love this guy! Second turn colorless, 4/4 Golem? This thing isn't nearly as bad as Masticore but really fills that gap between Ticking Gnomes and Masticore. Blue will like this guy. Red Burn will too. White, Green, German Dragon, and LD decks are going to have the hardest time using something like this. This is exactly what "Permanentless" control needed.

------------------
Dune Echo

No! I'm not going by the name, "Buttnugget", Ross.

Z

Zadok001

I don't really like either card. I'm really not liking the Assasin. I mean, 2 different tap abilities? Wonderful. And neither one is really game-breaking. Awe-inspiring in limited...

As for the Automaton. Wow. Some good. But I'm not gonna like it, simply 'cause it'll beat me down so fast!

D

Dune Echo

While looking at the boards for MTG News, I saw two ideas that would compliment Complex Automaton and make it nice to have in any deck. Okay, first off, Complex Automaton is a great addition to any White Armageddon deck. It's colorless and once you destroy the lands, you probably have a huge (relatively speaking) creature on turn 5 that's colorless. In a White/Green 'Geddon deck, you can get this sucker out even faster and it doesn't have the potential drawback that Lumbering Satyr has or the double green casting cost. Also, it's drawback only happens during upkeep! So you can play permanents over 7, then Armageddon and you're safe next round.

Second, this thing is hard for blue to Treachery and keep it. If Treachery is played on this thing, your average blue mage will have 5 Island, one Treachery, and 1 Complex Automaton. 5+1+1=7 and the Automaton returns to your hand. That's only in the straight, no artifact mana versions though. Heck, I look forward to this thing just because it looks like fun card that you would have to make a deck around. How long has it been since we've had a Jangling Automaton?

[Edited by Dune Echo (11-26-1999 at 07:32 AM).]

------------------
Dune Echo

... and no, the Waylay ruling and Thawing Glaciers ruling don't have a damn thing in common. A lot more people like me whined in favor of Waylay!