Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• what are you on drugs

• Total voters
R

rkoelsch

If I am playing a truly casual deck I like to play with a highlander style deck. I have an extended sleight deck that works pretty well.

PS just in case, my definition of Highlander is only 1 of any card except basic land.

H

Hetemti

I dabbled in 15-card, but noöne else (read: the two people...well...now one person...I play with) liked it. So I play no longer.

G

Gizmo

My fave was a variant where you played 3 copies of 3 cards, bu the rest had to be highlander. This allowed you to build better combo decks up, so that you could try to get an interesting effect to work, ie our best two decks on this design were:

3 Enduring Renewal, 3 Veteran Explorer, 3 Giant Caterpillar
(my Butterfly deck, which I was eventually banned from playing cos it was ultra-broke thanks to Mistmoon Griffin)

3 Triskelion, 3 Corpse Dance, 3 Ashnods Altar
(Dan Power`s semi-psychotic Triskelion deck that could very rapidly get very ugly)

S

Sammy Dead-O

It's a great way to play. My very first tournament was actually a highlander event banning all cards banned or restricted in any format. I ended up making top four with a Sligh-ish deck (Stupid Red Burn for a stupid new player...the other top three were U/W control decks), and the tourney was a ton of fun.

I enjoy the idea of "all-star" decks for different archetypes...e.g. all the best white weenies and support cards from Magic's history. I also like it cuz I don't have to have four of each card to play. That's very helpful for someone with my collection.

And for casual play, highlander decks can be incredibly fun, and 15-card highlander is so absolutely addictive.