Hate deck?

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Need a deck that is anti- Artifact, creature abilities, enchantments.
I want to make it harder for players in a multi-player game to "get their mojo going".

These are just a few cards that may be good for this.... anybody got any ideas?

Cursed Totem - Players can't play activated abilities of creatures.
Akroma's Vengeance - Destroy all artifacts, creatures, and enchantments. Cycling 3
Argivian Archaeologist - WW: Tap to bring one artifact from your graveyard to your hand.
Aura of Silence - Artifact and enchantment spells your opponents play cost 2 more to play.Sacrifice Aura of Silence: Destroy target artifact or enchantment.
Aura Shards -Whenever a creature comes into play under your control, you may destroy target artifact or enchantment.
Beacon of Unrest - Put target artifact or creature card from a graveyard into play under your control. Shuffle Beacon of Unrest into its owner's library.
Builder's Bane - Destroy X target artifacts. For each artifact put into the graveyard in this way, Builder's Bane deals 1 damage to that artifact's controller.
Metal Fatigue - Tap all artifacts
Corrosion - Cumulative upkeep 1
During your upkeep, put a rust counter on each artifact target opponent controls. If the number of rust counters on an artifact equals or exceeds that artifact's casting cost, bury the artifact.
If Corrosion leaves play, remove all rust counters from the game
Damping Matrix - Activated abilities of artifacts and creatures can't be played unless they're mana abilities.
Decree of Annihilation - Remove all artifacts, creatures, lands, graveyards, and hands from the game.
Cycling {5}{R}{R}
When you cycle Decree of Annihilation, destroy all lands.
Shatterstorm - Destroy all artifacts. They can't be regenerated.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Yeah, and Trickbind is way cool, but I am looking for less "1 instance" cards and more global or sustained effects.
Thanks though.

R

Rakarth

Reroute, although that is a one shot effect but it is cool and the look on your opponents face is so worth it :D Faith's Fetters? Stops creatures completely (no attacking/blocking or activated abilities) and gives you life.

It won't stop mana abilites, although I didn't think much could. Bonus is that it can enchant all permanents, so artifacts and enchantments too.

Might not be as good as some that you've listed above but it always works well fr me in my control deck.

Rakarth

P.S. How about Aura Flux? It won't stop abilities on enchantments but when you have to pay two to keep them around every turn it limits what else you can do I suppose.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Very good Ideas.
Maybe a red/white/black/green deck with Furnace Dragon and Mycosynth Lattice?
It'll be 75 cards

3 Furnace Dragon
3 Mycosynth Lattice
2 Pernicious Deed
3 Cursed Totem
3 Faith's Fetters
2 Null Rod
3 Builder's Bane
3 Aura of Silence
2 Metal Fatigue
2 Damping Matrix

What the heck else?

B

Budget Player Cadet

How about something that just is out to nuke everything?
Last Laugh
WoG
Damnation
Beacon of Immortality (just to keep ahead of your opponents)
Panoptic mirror (with wrath=never creatures)
Decree of pain (this one hurts)
Decree of Annihilation
Pestilence

That ought to kill a few people!

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Very good Ideas.
Maybe a red/white/black/green deck with Furnace Dragon and Mycosynth Lattice?
It'll be 75 cards

3 Furnace Dragon
3 Mycosynth Lattice
2 Pernicious Deed
3 Cursed Totem
3 Faith's Fetters
2 Null Rod
3 Builder's Bane
3 Aura of Silence
2 Metal Fatigue
2 Damping Matrix
3 WoG
2 Damnation
3 Beacon of Immortality
3 Panoptic mirror

Is this going anywhere?

M

Modus Pwnens

Blood moon/Magus of the Moon. That totally wrecks a lot of decks that aren't prepared for it

R

Rakarth

I just remembered a nice card I completely forgot about, Patrician's Scorn, destroys all enchanments. Free if you play a white spell before it in the same turn too :) It's in a mono white deck of mine that's got no enchantments of it's own and it works wonders. Instant speed and playable even when tapped out so no-one sees it coming. All those pesky pump up enchantments that have flash, say no more, gone in well....an instant :p It's also not a bad hard cast cost either, 3W.

It might not be as good here though, it depends onhow many enchantments of your own you put in, but in multiplayer that could be a lot of opposing enchantments you mow through in one go, possibly for free :D

Also, what about Aura Barbs? I'm not sure how many ways you have of killing opponents, I've not looked at all the cards listed (no time, sorry) but if you can do damage to your opponent before you smash his stuff then that's gotta be good right? It is instant though so one shot only. (Edit: Just realised about Panoptic Mirror :p so maybe it would be ok after all, and you can copy Patricians Scorn, free enchanment destruction every turn if you play a single white spell)

Another suggestion, possibly not that useful is Quiet Disrepair, as it will let you gain life from an enchantment or artifact until it becomes a serious problem then you destroy it. Or I've occasionally put it on my own artifacts/enchanments so I just gain life :)

Hope these help

Rakarth

T

train

Maybe run a white/green humility control deck...

Cleansing meditation, humilty, mirari's wake... wrath of gods, disenchants, krosan grips, etc... there's plenty of artifact hate...

Killer Joe

I've been silent long enough!

He (el Mooso) means to dominate the world of the MML!!!!! :eek:

Good. Finally, somebody with a good sense of evilness other than myself. :rolleyes:

I had "mean" up my BGW Triad Control deck, too. I put a few really unsportsman-like spells in it like "Splinter" (I'll card tag it later) and "Eradicate".

Your suggestions are awesome, but I still gotta be me and go with what I like (and, NO, Eye of the Storm will never appear in my multiplayer decks :p )

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
What do you think about this "combo"
Astral Slide + Mycosynth Lattice in play (should be able to do this by turn 6)
At EOT of player before me cast (on turn 7)
Metal Fatigue to tap all permanents (Tap all artifacts)
Then on my turn, I untapp all my stuff
cast Furnace Dragon (for RRR)
stack the CIP effect and cycle Forgotten Cave taking Furnace Dragon Out of game till EOT
CIP Resolves and every permanent is RFG.
Play a land (hopefully)
If I have enough mana I can tap out first and then play other cards after the CIP resolves.

I'd definitely need tutors and maybe a wish (Living Wish would be good, so green goes in the deck)
Enlightened Tutor
Demonic Tutor (now I have to have black in the deck)
Sol rings are a must and cycling lands
What else?

Killer Joe

That's a LOT of work and you have to watch out for "RANDOM" players trying to rain-on-your parade for, well, no appearant reason! :p

But I like the combo! :D

R

Rakarth

Awesome combo, i like it :D If you pull it off then I think you should video you opponent's reaction and post it here :p

Rakarth